Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
what broadheads do you shoot? >

what broadheads do you shoot?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what broadheads do you shoot?

Old 08-24-2016, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what broadheads do you shoot?

Just wondering what broadheads you shoot and why? Looking to get new ones but haven't ordered any for 6-7 years. Thanks in Advance!
Old 08-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'm a huge fan of all steel broadheads. I shot the Rocky Mountain Ironhead 125 for close to 20 years, tried the slick trick mag 125 but had blade issues. For the past few years I've had good luck with the G5 Stryker, this year I'm sporting the Wasp Drone 125. These Wasps are some of the best flying broadheads I've ever shot.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Have had good success with well placed Montecs
Old 08-24-2016, 10:30 PM
Bartender

New Archery Products Killzones. Love Em!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Been a Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain user for 10+ years, but this summer had a to tune up the bow (new string, sights, rests, arrows, etc...). Grabbed a pack of Dead Ringer Freak Nasty broadheads to test out. Fly right with my field points and will cut like a fixed bladed even if they fail to expand as the front of the blades when closed are sharpened. 7/8" cut when closed. Hope to get some real world tests on animals this fall and will report.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

NAP nightmare/thunderhead razor

1. I found several packs at a yard sale for $5 each(had to try them at that price)

2. They fly great, they stay together when you take them off the arrow, and they have a perfect combination of cutting surface vs penetrating power and I love the offset design.

Ive been able to find the nightmares on ebay for $15-$20 a pack until recently. They changed the name to thunderhead razors and those are $40 a pack so I just ordered some Muzzy Trocars which also have the offset design and will be trying them this year, I recommended a hunting buddy try the trocars last year when he was looking to change broadheads and they really worked great for him.

I also keep a couple slick tricks in the quiver because they fly good,have reasonable cutting surface vs penetrating ability and are reasonably priced.

G5 montec is another broadhead I like.

Last edited by rockport; 08-25-2016 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Last year, I shot Ulmer Edge broadheads. Since they're discontinued, I replaced them with Wasp Jak-Hammers. I'll be able to tell you more about how well they work, once we get into bow season here. I don't expect any issues - it's a tried and true design, and they're well made. When I want a fixed blade, I use 4-blade Magnus Buzzcuts. Not much to say about them, other than they fly great and come out of the package super sharp.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

Muzzy for as long as I can remember if it aint broke don't fix it
Old 08-25-2016, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

I don't hunt with a bow or crossbow anymore, but when I did I had good luck with Slick Tricks.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

NAP Killzones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.