Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
field point accuracy broadheads >

field point accuracy broadheads

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

field point accuracy broadheads

Old 08-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot every head in my quiver, but I shoot thunderheads, so I just replace the blades. Wife shoots montecs and she has a single BH that she uses for practice and BH tuning. Swap out for sharp ones to hunt.

I've found that foam targets dull the BH amazingly fast.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some of the foam targets do, some don't. At least not as fast as some. They dull them after 2 or so shots while some of the heavier closed cell foam targets will make fishing weights out of your blades in one shot.

Bob, have your wife order a pack of practice heads from G5 for her Montecs. They fly dead on with my Montecs from all 3 of the bows I use the Montec broadheads with. They come in 3 packs for around $35. Little salty price wise but worth it in my opinion. That way she will have 3 to practice with rather than just one. Save some walking and will allow her to get in better practice form.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just rotate the blades in and out. When they get dull I change them out and when I get around to it I sharpen them and they are ready to go back into rotation.

I shoot thunderhead razors and slick trick viper tricks.

Last edited by rockport; 08-24-2016 at 10:10 AM.