HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Success I got my buck!!! with pics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/40451-success-i-got-my-buck-pics.html)

buckeye 10-19-2003 06:18 AM

Success I got my buck!!! with pics

Well, the whole story starts friday night. Friday evening around 6:00 I had a doe trot past my stand, right after she got past me I could hear a grunt and then another and another. A buck was grunting with every step while following her. No shot opportunity, he was about 30 yards out in some pretty thick underbrush. This stand is about 50 yards off some real thick bedding areas. So I decided to go back to that lock on this morning and hope to catch him on his way back through.

I didn' t see anything until around a 8:15 a doe and a fawn walk past my stand. I was hoping for a repeat of the night before but no luck this time, or so I thought. My buck came in at 8:20 and milled around about 60 yards out from me. He then started to work away from me out to about 80 yards and held up there under an oak tree for a good while.

My heart sunk as he started off walking away from me again, but as soon as I started feeling bad for myself he looped around another oak and started heading back in my direction. He came all the way back to 21 yards of my stand offered a perfect broadside shot at 9:22AM and I released. It was a complete passthrew and the arrow stuck 5 inches in the ground. I then sat there collected my thoughts then climbed down.

I walked over to my arrow to check it then gathered up all my equipment and carried it all back to the truck. I then called my brother to help track and the long drag out. We waited an hour and a half to get on the trail. He only went about 60 yards. He was estimated at check in to be 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old. I am damn proud too, I set a goal to take a mature whitetail buck and succeded This was my 8th hunt of the year, on the 13th day of the season.

Hoyt MagnaTec XT2000
Gold Tip arrows with slick trick 100' s

jerseyhunter 10-19-2003 06:37 AM

RE: Success I got my buck!!!

That must have been the longest 62 minutes you ever spent in a stand. Congrats.:)

joeturse 10-19-2003 07:55 AM

RE: Success I got my buck!!!

" Way to go" ,can' t wait to see pics.Reading your post I was there with ya.:D

Joe

NorthernMN 10-19-2003 08:00 AM

RE: Success I got my buck!!! with pics

Congrats! Now find somewhere to post those pics, we just have to see them.

Wow! Funky Rack! Great trophy.

royak 10-19-2003 08:07 AM

Congrats thats a real beauty

Kanga 10-19-2003 08:33 AM

Congrats on the buck thanks for sharing

Deleted User 10-19-2003 08:41 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

mez 10-19-2003 09:08 AM

Congrats on the buck. That is a neat looking rack.

BowHuntingFool 10-19-2003 09:25 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!

OlMossyHorns 10-19-2003 12:38 PM

Nice buck, and an interesting looking rack.