Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which safety harness, Please reply. >

Which safety harness, Please reply.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which safety harness, Please reply.

Old 10-16-2003, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which safety harness, Please reply.

I was getting ready to order a safety harness from cabela' s, as my family says they worry about me just wearing a belt, and would like me strapped in alot better. I have narrowed it down to two choices, the seat of the pants, or the new vest that cabela' s is carrying. Which one would you choose and why? I want one that is easy to use, and not a pain as far as tangling up goes. Thank you all, Bhunter32.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which safety harness, Please reply.

Seat of the Pants
Old 10-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

I switched from a harness to the vest set up and love it. It is far more comfortable as far I am concerned. I feel just as safe in that as I do my resuce harness that I wear at the firehouse! If that isnt safe than I dont know what is!!
Old 10-16-2003, 02:20 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I would like to get a seat o the pants after reading about them here. On Cabela' s web site they list several products: snap ring harness, climbing system and a safety harness. I' m a little confused as to which one to get? The snap ring harness looks the same as the safety harness but is cheaper?
Old 10-16-2003, 02:37 PM

SOP. I haven' t had it save me yet, but I feel comfy while wearing it.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:57 PM

I would go with the Hunter saftey system.. why??? because you dont have to hassle with all those straps.. you just open it up and buckle it.. plus mine has a reversible orange side so no worrying about not packing my orange cause I have on on my saftey vest..
Old 10-16-2003, 04:49 PM

seat of the pants.works great.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seat of the pants gets my vote, they also make a vest to use with the seat of the pants harness.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Spike

ught the seat of the pants last year and i wouldn' t trade it for anything.When screwing in steps put the rope around the tree and snap it back into the harness.It' s comfortable and easy to put on .It' s great
Old 10-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve had the SOP for about 4 years now and still say it' s one of the best. I first saw the Hunter' s Safety System (the same as the Cabela' s) last year. Now I got a pretty good look at one just the other day. It' s quality stuff. The one thing it does not have is D-rings on the waist area. These come in mighty handy when putting up steps, climbing sticks and/or hanging stands. Just one thing to consider. No matter which you get it' s still cheap life insurance where I come from.

Quick Reply: Which safety harness, Please reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.