HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lone Wolf Alpha II (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/401716-lone-wolf-alpha-ii.html)

Jeffro_17 09-28-2015 01:18 PM

Lone Wolf Alpha II

I am thinking about getting a LW for bowhunting and just wanted some opinions on the stand. I hunt out of Millenium M-150 Monsters, but thought about trying a LW to have a lighter, easier stand to pack..........something I put up and take down every hunt to be more mobile for sets. I love the M-150's and they are super quiet and comfortable. My main concern about the LW is how long can you sit comfortably at a time? Just looking for opinions, thanks in advance!

RisnerPSE 09-28-2015 04:39 PM

My suggestion would be to get the Millenium M-100U. Its only 11 lbs and easy to pack in and out. I currently do it and love it. Yes, the lone wolf is a little light but i have sat in both and the Millenium is alot more comfortable.

MountainHunter 10-05-2015 06:41 PM

Lone Wolf stands are awesome. I have the Alpha Assault hang on and 4 climbing sticks (also very awesome for how light and compact they pack in and how flexibly they can be mounted). All one piece aluminum platform means very quiet and very light. They are very well engineered. The seat on my LW is quite hard, so that is the only real negative factor.

super_hunt54 10-05-2015 07:12 PM

I've personally never seen a comfortable Lone Wolf. And in my lowly opinion they are WAY over priced. Sorry but 400+ for a climber that feels like you are sitting on a square plank of wood just doesn't seem reasonable to me in the least. You would be better served with a Summit. Much more comfortable options, plenty light enough, and they wont rip your hunting budget apart. A sore butt in the tree stand is almost as bad as cold feet.

byg 10-12-2015 07:47 PM

Look at the XOP Air Raid, Just like an Alpha, but cheaper and has a thicker more comfortable seat. I really like mine

Jeffro_17 10-18-2015 03:55 PM

Thanks for the replies, I'll look into those other stands also.

Bukmastr 10-24-2015 03:35 PM

Lone wolf rocks... I kill a lot of big bucks on public land, and in order to get these bucks in daylight you have to get really close to bedding, you have to be silent, and you have to get in "the" right tree, which is not always a straight limbless tree... Watch this youtube hunting show with me setting up the L/W within 50 yards of a bedded buck

super_hunt54 10-24-2015 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bukmastr (Post 4224783)
Lone wolf rocks... I kill a lot of big bucks on public land, and in order to get these bucks in daylight you have to get really close to bedding, you have to be silent, and you have to get in "the" right tree, which is not always a straight limbless tree... Watch this youtube hunting show with me setting up the L/W within 50 yards of a bedded buck

Sorry BM but there are just too many other stands out there that are just as light, just as quiet, just as easy to set up and costing as much as HALF what a LW costs. Not to mention most of those stands are twice as comfortable to sit. Nice plug for your sponsor though :D

Bukmastr 10-25-2015 03:55 AM

L/W don't sponsor me... I pay for my equipment like everyone else. Nothing is as quiet as cast stands. Period. You only need one... Guys pay a thousand dollers or more for bow, but get cheap with hollow tube stands with welded creaky joints and popping expanded metal... If you hunt like most people and put stands up in spots and l;eave them there, yea, go cheap... But I hunt mainly mobile and only need one stand and sticks. They go in and out with me on every hunt.

katt72 10-26-2015 10:10 AM

Bone Collector Hang-On

I may not own a $400+ climber/hang-on, but this stand I have 1yr+ experience with. Been up & away in a tree for a 1yr. Still quiet, comfortable, and hanging in place!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/27126981.