Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Draw Length

Old 03-31-2017, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unless you change your anchor point or other shooting form variables, your draw length should not change from one bow to another. Draw length is best measured using a recurve. A bow's draw length obviously can change.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stalkingbear
I have a 31" draw length and that leaves out a lot of bow models, forcing me to choose longer draw length models that are usually lower performance compared to flagship bows. I'm sure glad Mathews offers a 31" bow! Mission don't even offer a bow with longer draw length over 30".
checkout the Obbession Huracon. 34" ata DL 30"to 32" 366 fps
Old 04-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH
Different length string loop can also factor in.

Your draw length is your draw length.
^^^^ THIS ^^^^. I agree! Lots of people out there shooting bows that don't fit, I see it all the time. Best to go to a reputable bow shop and let them measure your draw length and get you set up. Mike
Old 04-08-2017, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for all the advice. I went to local bow shop and had a few twists put in string reduced draw length and put a smaller D loop on. It feels really good and I'm shooting tight groups.

Thank You all