Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Single or multi pin sight? >

Single or multi pin sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Single or multi pin sight?

Old 09-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Spike

I've hunted with both and prefer a multi pin. Sometimes the deer just change their mind while you're at full draw and a single pin can be tough.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Yeah the key here is practice. If you're going to use a single pin sight - know where to hold at known distances beyond your pin's set position.
I'm not arguing a case one way or the other. Both have their pros and cons. I just know what works for me and what I like. I did contemplate getting a single pin but went with the multi.
for sure man.
no argument here at all just pointing out exactly what you mentioned. no matter what sight you choose it takes practice to shoot it best.
another option for those that want a good compromise between the multi and single is spot hogg's newest sights that have a single pin style but 2 aiming points on the pin to use.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

I do agree with the flat shooting bows negating the need for the same number of pins used 20 years ago. My opportunities are limited and the time to adjust a sight is not reasonable. I do not hunt on the leased land seen on the tv shows with all the super gadgets and unharrassed anamals to choose from.
Have a couple of pins and make the most of the opportunities presented, good luck!
Old 09-15-2015, 05:02 AM
Spike

I think the best of both worlds is the two pin setup. One at 20 yards and the other at your personal max hunting distance. I get a good clear uncluttered sight picture and can easily ( through practice ) estimate holdover for the the middle yardage shot.