Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I need some broadhead advice... Please Help >

I need some broadhead advice... Please Help

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need some broadhead advice... Please Help

Old 09-04-2015, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the NAP HellRazors fixed bh for a set up like that.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a pse with 60# draw and shoot swhacker broad heads with no issues. awesome broad head
Old 10-07-2015, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default My .02$ worth

A month ago my son and I went on a guided bear hunt in Canada. This outfitter has been in business for 29 years and did a great job. 90 % of the hunters there were bow hunters.

I was talking with the guides one day about broad heads and asked what kind they liked as they had seen the results from many different broad heads. They all said without question RAGES. Each said it makes their jobs a lot easier. Bigger blood trails and more recovery of the animals.

We have always shot Rage and this just confirmed our choice. These guides didn't have a dog in the fight, they just knew what gave them success!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

When I shot fixed my choice was Thunderheads, great penetration and easy to tune. I shoot a higher Draw weight but have had great results.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Strykers will serve you well
Old 10-19-2015, 06:21 AM
Spike

I personally practice with great consistency out to 100 yards with shuttle t black ops and they are great, very sharp also. A properly tuned bow will have these heads flying very very close to field points. I have also heard similar results with slick tricks.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
With your short draw length and poundage IMO you should stay away from mechanicals. Not sure what speed you're getting but it sounds like you don't have the KE to get a pass through with a big cut mechanical. Get a cut on contact style broadhead for deeper penetration and avoid hitting the shoulder. A good strong COC head like the Slick Trick Viper Trick is a stong broadhead and will shoot along side your field tips if your bow is properly tuned. If they don't read the threads about bow tuning or the Easton bow tuning guide.
Not true.

I am 27 inch draw shooting 55 lbs and shoot a 25 inch arrow 400 spine 100 grain 1 1/38 Grimreaper and have had zero issues with them . They deploy and I get excellent pass thrus on shoulder shots.

If your wanting to go to a fixed head the friendliest two heads that are the easiest to tune are
1. slick trick (non magnum)
2. muzzy

I've killed a ton of deer with both the Muzzy and the Slick Trick. I gotta tell you those slick tricks are bad news bears on deer.

I've switched to Grimreapers because I feel they give you a little more long range performance, fixed broadheads really start to plane anything over 35 yards.