Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Mechanical or fixed >

Mechanical or fixed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mechanical or fixed

Old 08-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Use both

One fixed for some twenty years. One mechanical for some 18 years, especially if my bow gets out of tune with two week to go before the season starts. I might not have time to tune it. The expects will be busy at the time.
I found there are advantages of having both.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Spike

I am trying out the rage hypodermics. Didn't get a chance to kill anything last year with them but hopefully this year. But my tried and true broad head that I keep going back to are G5 montecs.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

125 grain Anarchey fixed BH

HJ
Old 08-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Valentine
One fixed for some twenty years. One mechanical for some 18 years, especially if my bow gets out of tune with two week to go before the season starts. I might not have time to tune it. The expects will be busy at the time.
I found there are advantages of having both.
i can see the benefit of having both.
i tried 2 different broadheads this year which both tout themselves to "fly like field points" which of course they didn't. my regular 2-3" group from 20 yards became a 4" group as the arrows seemed to plane off to the left on me.
presumably a mechanical has less impact due to wind and a truer flight in general. i'm considering getting some to find out for myself.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

I like fixed, shot Muzzys for almost 20 years now and the RH Blackouts last year in addition to the Muzzys. I don't have to worry about whether or not the blades deploy with fixed. This doesn't happen a lot, but once is too many times in my opinion when shooting at an animal.