Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

coyotes, to kill or not to kill, your take!

Old 10-14-2003, 07:50 PM

Default RE: coyotes, to kill or not to kill, your take!

If anyone feels like traping one alive, I' ll take it.[>:] Right now I have about 6-8 stray cats living in my dumster [:@] and I would love to get rid of the mangy things.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:55 PM

kill them all.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:57 PM
New Sheriff

I kill all of em I can.

I think they eat alot of baby turkeys and eggs
Old 10-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Coyotes are worthy and deserving game animals, I don' t view them as pests but as crafty intelligent predators. I respect these animals immensely and Any Coyote I would take especially with the bow I would consider a great trophy!
And just like any predator their numbers do need to be balanced to stabilize their impact on other game.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won' t hesitate to take one.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

If i had the oportunity i would take a yote any day, year round season here. That being said i have never seen one hunting. I dont think they are a problem here but i hear them at nite when police,firetruck,ems, etc goes by with there sirens on.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Spike

Bobcat, So eloquently put, " kill them all" . I couldn' t agree more. I also agree with Matt. For certain the coyotes are intelligent predators and accomplishing the awesome task of harvesting one of the wily dogs is commendable to say the least. I have taken two dogs with my bow back in Colorado in the high country where I lived until July of this year. I am however looking forward to taking more here in Washington where I am now. I will post the pics here when I dig them up. Bought a new computer when we moved. Went from a Mac to a PC and have the pics burned on CD somewhere. I also agree with Mr4pt.
Coyotes do indeed eat baby turkeys, adult turkeys, eggs and have an even greater detrimental affect on whitetail deer populations. I have witnessed in Colorado three adult coyotes stalk and take down a mature whitetail doe. They affect the mortality rate sometimes directly of deer fawns. Especially where coyote pop. is dense. Yes, there is a serious need for the management of this predatory animal. Besides, I don' t know about hunting them in the east or midwest but out west like Colorado they are no easy task with a bow.

Johnny
Old 10-14-2003, 08:43 PM

the only good coyote is a dead one....
Old 10-14-2003, 09:04 PM

Bow, gun, car, truck, bat, stick whatever... Kill those worthless things

Brian
Old 10-14-2003, 09:07 PM

Depends on whether or not I think im about to see deer...but probably shoot it. Someone said that if you dont mount it then you probably wont get anything out of it...some parts of texas have a bounty for every yote killed...somethin like 20 bucks a tail

Quick Reply: coyotes, to kill or not to kill, your take!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.