Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Climber Recommendations >

Climber Recommendations

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climber Recommendations

Old 05-12-2015, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Climber Recommendations

I'm looking at getting a climber for hunting public land - have mostly hunted out of hand-on and ladder stands. I was looking at the Lone Wolf brand climbers and I'm not sure if it's worth the $400 price tag.

Anybody have experience with Lone Wolf and what sets them apart from Summit or any others?

Or do you have a non-Lone Wolf climber that you love? Any features I should be looking for as a bowhunter?

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Spike

Only experience I have with Lone Wolf is the Alpha 2 hang on. I love that one and I agree that its super expensive. I heard the summit series climbers are pretty good also but if you want a good one I'm afraid it'll cost you.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Been hunting out of a summit viper for many many years and love it. $250.00
Old 05-13-2015, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

ive had several of the summits and they always felt rock solid. The old ones used to be pretty heavy but i noticed they have some under 20 lbs now. Buddy of mine has the lone wolf and loves it.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Just find one that is not too heavy in your price point. Might try Craig's list or garage sales.

CVG Ohio
Old 06-10-2015, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CVG Ohio
Just find one that is not too heavy in your price point. Might try Craig's list or garage sales.

CVG Ohio
Watch CL - picked up my Viper for $150 like new. Previous owner had also added the camo foam floor and I got an extra cable.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Dominant Buck

I buy used Loggy Boyous off eBay and Craigslist. One piece climber that you hug the tree and shimmy up with the bottom strapped to your feet. It's by far the quietest and lightest stand you can find along with the rubber pads that grip the tree, other hunters are hard pressed to tell where you're hunting.

If interested, I can post a pick of the desired model to look for and why. They played with the design before they stopped selling them.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just ran across this new Summit stand that would fit your needs. It has a rail that can be folded back out of the way that you use for "sit/stand climbing. It's also 100 dollars LESS than that Lone Wolf you were looking at. http://www.lancasterarchery.com/summ...treestand.html

Look close at the back under the seat and you can see where the bar folds back to.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Best climbing stand ever made. one piece so its very light and works well to integrate with any back pack.

I buy these used now off craigslist but there are a few options (styles) you need to avoid. Otherwise, its the lightest and quietest stand to use in the woods.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 06-15-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse

Best climbing stand ever made. one piece so its very light and works well to integrate with any back pack.

I buy these used now off craigslist but there are a few options (styles) you need to avoid. Otherwise, its the lightest and quietest stand to use in the woods.
Good ole Loggy Bayou. Some will say it was junk, but I had one and have to admit that it was light and climbed very quietly. Of course there aren't very many stands that are noisy. There are just people who do a sloppy job of climbing, and too fast, too.

The only change I made to my Loggy was with the seat. Removed the strap seat and used a cloth one with a layer of closed cell foam in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.