HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ASAT field report (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/39803-asat-field-report.html)

Belle Island 10-12-2003 08:42 PM

ASAT field report

There has been a lot of talk on here lately about ASAT and people interested in purchasing a suit. With that said, here is my observation from the first couple of weeks. I' ve been on stand about 7 times and 4 instances stand out in my mind where I think the ASAT really worked.

1. October 1, I' m in a 15ft loc on and I have a 3 1/2 yr old 8 pt feeding on persimmons at 10yds. He looks at me several times, but never picks me out.

2. October 9, again hunting a persimmon tree in a very thick cane brake. To keep from being sillouetted(sp), I only climb about 4 ft off the ground, just high enough to shoot over the canes. I have 2 mature does at less than 20yds. They look my way several times and never pick me out. I killed one of those does.

3. October 11, same situation as day before, found a persimmon tree that the deer were just killing, but no good trees, I notice one tree where that is a thicket with vines, and etc. I climb about 8 ft up, 15 yds from persimmon tree. A spike comes in 4 yds from my stand, looks right up at me and for the first time ever, I had a deer actually look through me! It was an awsome experience. The deer went on to feed.

4. October 11, same afternoon as above, I have a mature doe feeding on the persimmons at 15yds, she never sees me at 8ft and she is in my freezer as we speak.

As you can see, this ASAT has really worked well so far. As the season goes on it should only get better as the woods go from green to brown/black. Good luck to all.

Matt / PA 10-12-2003 08:56 PM

RE: ASAT field report

Yeah I' m already starting to have those types of experiences myself.........In addition to the success earlier in the week, Thursday I had a nice buck actually walk to within 12-13 yards of me before figuring out that I probably didn' t belong there..... No big deal right?
Well I was in the middle of a low GREEN field on my knees without so much as a mosquito between me and that deer![:o]:D And at 6' 3" I stick out like a sore thumb.
I' m really starting to feel stealthy for a change!:D

Kanga 10-12-2003 09:08 PM

Belle and Matt.

All I can say is I TOLD YA SO[:o];):D

JeramyK 10-12-2003 09:16 PM

Glad to see the camo is working out well. I' ve read alot of good things about it. So far my advantage timber is doing it' s job but the ASAT camo definately has my attention.

Tomahog 10-13-2003 04:56 AM

I have had very similar results with my new predator camo this fall....really incredible! I just got the ASAT 3-d suit that I plan on wearing over my insulated mossy oak stuff when it gets cooler. I have no doubts it will work great too!

by23856 10-13-2003 08:25 AM

Belle and all,

Are you guys using the leafy style or the regular style? I hope this isn' t a stupid question. I' m getting very interested in this stuff and am putting it on my Christmas list today. I have gotten busted by 3 does already this year with the Mossy Oak HD stuff. Time to go invisible!!!

In defense of the Mossy Oak HD, I did set up in an oak tree last night that was turning coloring and I had several deer look at and through me. Being pressed against the trunk with front and back cover really helped me blend in, as the bark and leaves on the tree perfectly matched my camo. However, that' s the only stand I have that is actually in an oak tree. I want to be invisible in all trees.

Kanga 10-13-2003 08:38 AM

by23856

I have just about all the ASAT gear,coveralls,shirts, bowhunter jacjet,buckswede jacket,3d leafy suit etc.

It all works just great I usually wear the 3d suit over the top but have been known to leave it off just to check the other is doing the job;)

The 3d leafy I have worn that over the top in a tree that had lost all its leaves and had deer feeding just in front of me without being busted.

You will truely know the meaning of being invisible with ASAT. If you already have your insulated gear then just get the 3d leafy suit to go over the top it wont matter what the season or the terrain is the suit will work;)

by23856 10-13-2003 08:45 AM

You Know, I bet they need a rep here in Nebraska as well. I just checked my social calendar and other endorsers and it appears I' m available!! Please e-mail at any time. :D

NorthernMN 10-13-2003 08:47 AM

I am still waiting for mine. It is on backorder. Do these guys know what season it is? They should have extra in stock. I want to be invisible too...:(

Kanga 10-13-2003 08:53 AM

NorthernMN.

The new suits should be arriving any day now.

Chuck and the boys at ASAT kinda got caught with their pants down and got swamped.