Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who makes the best bow? >

Who makes the best bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who makes the best bow?

Old 10-11-2003, 12:47 PM

Default Who makes the best bow?

Ok. So obviously I' m a little predjudice I prefer Bowtech Stalker but I' m sure many of you out there would say there is a better bow on the market. So let' s hear it. What bow is the most forgiving, dependable, most important silent, and accurate. Btw lets put a cap on it no more than $600.

Old 10-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who makes the best bow?

Every manufacturer makes the best bow - for someone. There is no such thing as The Best bow for everyone.

But, if you just want an opinion... Martin Cougar Elite with dual cams.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:08 PM

The old Mathews vs Hoyt debate. I myself prefer Mathews, but all companies make good bows.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:44 PM

MATHEWS HANDS DOWN!!!!!

NO ONE MAKES A BETTER BOW!!!!!
IF YOU DON' T THINK SO TEST THEM, LOOK AT RESEARCH DONE..
THE NEW HOYT CAM AND A HALF IS JUNK.... PSE IS FOLLOWING SUIT AS WELL.
I SHOOT A PSE THUNDERBOLT...JUST LAST NIGHT MY BOW BLEW APART WHEN I WAS PRACTICE SHOOTING..IT IS A 2000 MODEL..
FROM WHAT YOU ASK , BAD DESIGN PLAIN AND SIMPLE...THEY ADMITTED IT TOO...
I CALLED THEM AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD STAND BEHIND IT 100%
AND FIX IT, WHATEVER IT NEEDS...I TOOK IT TO MY LOCAL PRO SHOP, AND HE EVEN TOLD ME ABOUT THE PROBLEMS PSE ARE HAVING.....
THE BREAKDOWN ON#1 IS AS FOLLOWS MATHEWS,HOYT,PSE 1-2-3
PSE USED TO BE #1 THAT IS UNTIL MATHEWS CAME AROUND...
YOU MAY BE WONDERING WHY I AM SHOOTING A PSE AND NOT A MATHEWS
PLAIN AND SIMPLE ,I CANNOT AFFORD ONE RIGHT NOW BUT, AFTER THIS SEASON IS OVER MY BOAT WILL BE GONE AND I WILL OWN A MATHEWS.......
SOME GUYS MAY SLAM ME FOR WHAT I HAVE SAID BUT, I JUST DON' T REALLY CARE!!!! THE PROOF IS OUT THERE ABOUT MATHEWS, GO FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF....

Old 10-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best bow out there is the one that fits you best, holds best for you, is most comfortable for you, and within your budget.

As you can see from my sig, Bowtech is my preferred brand by far, but I don' t think you can go wrong with any of the other popular manufacturers like Mathews, Hoyt, Martin, & PSE. Some of the smaller manufacturers like Merlin, Diamond and a handful of others also build very high quality equipment.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Stalker22,

Only $600.00 cap ?
That would not touch any of my 7 compounds.

Sag.

Old 10-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Might as well ask who makes the best pickup.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:55 PM

thats easy CHEVY of course
Old 10-11-2003, 07:21 PM

CHEVY??? You must not have been down south in a while. Ford rules tha land down here.

Of course I agree that the best bow is the one that fits you. I' ve been known to use an older Pearson bow that I' ve done a lot of personal adjustments to make it feel right for me. However, what I' m getting at is there are obviously differences between the major brand types. Cam designs, weight, structure design etc... So what makes Matthews (just using them as an example) design so much better. What technology do they have that PSE, Hoyt, Bowtech, or any other brand does not have. Also, if they don' t have such a great advance on the others then why are they so expensive? Not trying to ask stupid questions just trying to spur on lively discussion.

BTW: Goooo! IRISH Irish 20 Pittsburg 14

Old 10-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

The best bow out there is the one that fits you best, holds best for you, is most comfortable for you, and within your budget.
Bingo ! I couldn' t agree more.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.