Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hey what is the best arrows >

hey what is the best arrows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hey what is the best arrows

Old 10-11-2003, 11:05 PM

Default RE: hey what is the best arrows

Which is better...Aluminum Carbon Composites (A/C/C) or pure Carbons? I shoot XX75' s now....I find them too heavy.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:45 AM

I am shooting Gold Tip XT' s, and they are the best arrow I have personally shot. They are durabl and straight. I bought 6 practice arrows a year and a half ago, the only thing I have done to them is get them refletched. Can' t go wrong with them!!
Old 10-12-2003, 10:05 AM
tm
Fork Horn

As far as ACC or all carbon, if price isn' t a consideration I' ll take ACCs every time. Just seem to work better for me.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still have not found a 100% carbon worth putting in my quiver.

I' ve been shooting some Carbon Express Terminators lately. One black and four camo, and they' re very good. But, they' re carbon composite, not all carbon. They weigh almost exactly the same as my XX75 2315' s so they' ve got the weight I like but have a little edge in durability. If I have a complaint about them, it' s the sound they make when I draw them across my rest. A little moleskin takes care of that, though.

But, with my limited experience with them, I' d have to say ACC' s live up to their reputation for quality. I agree with tm.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P
I' ve been shooting some Carbon Express Terminators lately. One black and four camo, and they' re very good. But, they' re carbon composite, not all carbon. They weigh almost exactly the same as my XX75 2315' s so they' ve got the weight I like but have a little edge in durability. If I have a complaint about them, it' s the sound they make when I draw them across my rest. A little moleskin takes care of that, though.

But, with my limited experience with them, I' d have to say ACC' s live up to their reputation for quality. I agree with tm.
Hey, I have Easton XX-75 2315' s too. My old PSE Edge 1000 bow has never seen a carbon arrow, so I don' t know how it would handle them. My bow was setup at 65#, 30" draw, and a quiver full of 2315' s, and I use either 125gr Thunderheads, or 125gr field tips.

What size carbon arrow is equivalent to the 2315' s?

Butch
Old 10-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heh..anyone who knows me from these or other boards can probably harbor a guess as to what I' ll vote for.

Arthur...Just to let you know, the new CX Terminator Selects have a new much nicer camo finish (looks like advantage timber), and a new noticeably quieter finish. New logo as well. We have had them in the shop for about a month now. I haven' t really messed around with them much though.

and in case ya didn' t guess...A/C/C or XX alum.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

i shoot the beman ics 400' s and have had nothing but good luck with them. can' t complain. my old friend shot the black hawk vapor' s.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:55 PM

I have Carbon Express arrows and they are awsome! They perform to perfection and they group the best out of any other arrow i' ve shot. My second choice would be Beman ICS.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Butch, what size carbons are equivilant to 2315' s in what way? Spine or weight?

If you' re talking weight, the CX Terminator Selects I' m shooting are the only ones I' ve ever gotten the weight with, without fiddling around with adding all kinds of crap to the arrow for extra weight. I' ve heard there are some heavyweight all-carbon arrows out there but I' ve never shot any of them.

If you' re talking spine, it would depend on your draw length and arrow length. I use full length arrows and have shot Beman/Easton 340, GoldTip 7595 and PSE Dominator 400' s from bows that shoot great with 2315' s. Go by what the charts say, but if you wind up between sizes, always go to the next size up.

Jeff, I want to thank you for turning me on to these Terminators. But, you know I' m still cussing you for sending me that ACC. PLEASE don' t tell me X10' s are better! I don' t want to hear it. [X(]
Old 10-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

If they fly great for you and shoot accurate. Then they are the best.
Whats best for you may not be the best for your friend.
Happy shooting
Dan