Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Question

Old 12-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Spike

Default Rage Question

Hi guys,
I've been shooting Rage two blades for the past couple of years and really can't complain. I've put down my PB fallow buck with them and they performed flawlessly.

Next year though I'm thinking of changing to either Rage Chisel tips or Hypodermics. Just wondering what people who have tried both prefer.

I'm set on rage, they've been good for me so I've got no real desire to try another brand until they fail me so I'd be keen for any advice to be set on the two I've mentioned. Having said that I'm happy to hear about good and bad experiences of both.

Cheers,

GSP
Old 12-05-2014, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

not a rage fan boy so don't know much about either, but the TV guys who use rage tend to use hypodermics...
Old 12-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Not a Rage person either. I use Slicktricks on QAD Exodus due to better penetration. Always have pass troughs. Rage are way to expensive.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

So far two responses by people who haven't and don't shoot rages.

I've only shot the 2" cutting diameter two blade. It performed flawlessly.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

I used to shoot rage..and I will never go back to them. Guys around here use the hyperdermics though. I'll stick with my bloodrunners
Old 12-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have been hooked on my 3 blades for at least 3 years now. Nice big holes and tons of blood.

Never used the 2 blades. Have friends who do and the like them. The last pack I bought had something to help lock in the blades so they don't get knocked out by brush while stalking. Haven't tried that yet.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fingerz42
So far two responses by people who haven't and don't shoot rages.

I've only shot the 2" cutting diameter two blade. It performed flawlessly.
OK now for a little info.. just because I have never shot a rage doesn't mean I know nothing of them . I have done plenty of research on them which is why I shoot the head I currently shoot. [not a rage]

Also I have a few outfitter friends who hate rage and will not allow them on their properties, they have seen one too many failures and one too many good bucks lost.

I agree when they perform they are a great head ,but when they don't you might as well have shot a field point..

BTW I have never drove a Ferrari but I know they are fast...lol
Old 12-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Spike

I used the Rage Hypodermics in 100 grain and they worked great. They fly just like practice tips. I shot my buck with them and only needed one shot. Huge blood trail, pass through shot, and still very sharp after being shot.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Spike

Well we almost managed to stay on topic, which always seems to be a challenge when asking a question like this so that's a plus I guess!

It sounds like hypodermics are the way to go. Personally I couldn't care less if a blade wasn't able to cut butter after it's shot a deer. As long as it can do the job the first time I'm happy, can always replace the blades.

I don't argue on the internet and I wont, I realise there are lots of good broadheads out there but to say that rage are bad especially on hearsay is a bit rough. I know guys that hate Hornady SST's, but I've punched a hole through a red stag the size of a coke can with a 130gn from my 270 and he never made it 30m. All I know about rage is with a front on quartering shot I took a fallow bigger than anything I've shot with a rifle and likely bigger than anything I'll shoot again from 35m and he died within sight. If that's not flawless I don't know what is.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Spike

They really are great. But for sure everyone is going to have different experiences, every brand of broad head will have its issues; deployment, sharpness, penetration, etc and everyone's personal experiences differ. I have only had great success with Rage Hypodermics while another guy could of had them not deploy on impact etc. Overall they are a great head, but none are perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.