HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Why is bow hunting so short in other states? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/395735-why-bow-hunting-so-short-other-states.html)

Jrichard6817 11-18-2014 04:06 PM

Why is bow hunting so short in other states?

Where im from bow hunting season is from october 31 to January 31. why is it so short for others?

ojibwa 11-18-2014 04:44 PM

it depends on if you are a hard core bow hunter or not.. In GA I can bow hunt from the mid sept to the end of JAN...Basicly it is legal for me to bow hunt all of bow M/L and rifle season then in the metro counties we have an extended bow only season..

States like MI have a longer bow season then they do a rifle season..

DeerandbearhoG 11-19-2014 10:40 AM

Here in s. NY, its oct 1st till mid nov. when gun season starts, then opens back up for about 10days in dec. you can bow hunt the entire time but you have to use your gun season tag in gun season. so basically we get about a week less than you but our rut activity starts a couple weeks before oct 31st

rockport 11-19-2014 12:02 PM

We get Oct 1 - mid January minus 7 days of gun season.

I'm amazed at how long some of the gun seasons are

BAK ROAD 11-22-2014 04:07 PM

Ya wondering that myself here in PA the game commission seems to hold on to old rules like no sunday hunting and short archery season
from first sat in oct to second sat in november:lolabove::bash:

Valentine 11-25-2014 03:45 AM

Depends on the state

Depends how many deer there are to harvest. Depends on how many hunters are there to hunt. All states aren't equal. Some states have less deer. Some states have too many hunters to let them hunt for long.

flags 11-25-2014 04:12 AM

Different states have different rules. In many states, my native CO for instance, you will only be allowed to take 1 deer most the time and you have to choose what method you want to use and whether you want a buck or a doe in the spring before the hunt. All deer tags are by drawing there.

Do you really think everything is going to be the same in all 50 states?

Oldtimr 11-25-2014 05:57 AM

Bak road, horse hockey! You need to read your digest, no one has a longer season to hunt in PA than archers. In 3 magagement units Archery season antlerless only is Sept 20 to Oct 3 & Nov 17 to 29,then statewide, then antlered and antlered statewide is Oct 4 to Nov15 and Dec 26 to Jan10, then in 3 WMUs Jan 12 to Jan 24 antlered and antlerless. In addition you may hunt with a bow in the regular firearms season. Archers have more time now than in any time in history and a heck of a lot more time than firearms only hunters. The more we get, the more some people complain about not having enough!