Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Worst bow season ever >

Worst bow season ever

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Worst bow season ever

Old 11-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

I can't remember ever really having a bad day hunting.... And I hunt allot of them. Hope it gets better for ya!
-Jake
Old 11-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
I have been checking the harnesses out and the HS Safety System seems pretty good. Any opinions?
That's a good one and one that I use. But there are others out there too that are equally as good.
today was the last day. I had a nice 6 pt at 25 yards in thick cover but quartering hard away. I left him walk. This season I saw 8 buck and 4 doe in about 20 days of hunting.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
I have been checking the harnesses out and the HS Safety System seems pretty good. Any opinions?
Is this like closing the barn door AFTER the cattle have gotten out? Heard your story. Glad you survived. Many have not.
I teach Hunter Safety Education. This is one of my largest portions of my class showing several variations of Safety Restraint/Capture Harness's. That and how to build/use a Prusik Knot system on all lock-on and ladder stands.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gun season has not been any better.. All the shooting is on the other side of the road. I came to the conclusion last night, that's where all the corn fields are, so that's where most of the deer are going to be.. What deer are on my side are all running at night.. Got some snow on the ground this morning. Going to rain a little later.. Crazy up and down weather...
Old 11-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Things can go south in a hurry. I pretty much hunt just 3 places. Literally overnight things changed. My best place is quite small, so I try to hunt it sparingly to avoid spooking the deer away. However, the landowner told me to avoid it for a while because her son is going to hunt there. He has never hunted deer and will be using a gun (gun seasons aren't open for another week and a half). He knows nothing about camo and scent control and will pretty much shoot at anything brown I suspect. It will ruin the area until the real gun seasons begin (just as the rut kicked into high gear). My 2nd place has nothing but mature poplar trees to hunt (no cover) and is useless with a NW wind which is what we have been getting and will continue to get for the forseeable future. And now my neighbor's dogs have resumed running through my property every day. They used to control that years ago and now that it's begun again, they haven't stopped it even though I've called them repeatedly about it. We have a good relationship with them - except for these dogs ruining my place for hunting. So suddenly, I need to make my place work ... with dogs under my stand at times.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's pretty disrespectful of him to let his dogs run your property, especially during hunting season..
Old 11-20-2014, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DaveH
Things can go south in a hurry. I pretty much hunt just 3 places. Literally overnight things changed. My best place is quite small, so I try to hunt it sparingly to avoid spooking the deer away. However, the landowner told me to avoid it for a while because her son is going to hunt there. He has never hunted deer and will be using a gun (gun seasons aren't open for another week and a half). He knows nothing about camo and scent control and will pretty much shoot at anything brown I suspect. It will ruin the area until the real gun seasons begin (just as the rut kicked into high gear). My 2nd place has nothing but mature poplar trees to hunt (no cover) and is useless with a NW wind which is what we have been getting and will continue to get for the forseeable future. And now my neighbor's dogs have resumed running through my property every day. They used to control that years ago and now that it's begun again, they haven't stopped it even though I've called them repeatedly about it. We have a good relationship with them - except for these dogs ruining my place for hunting. So suddenly, I need to make my place work ... with dogs under my stand at times.
let the CPO's make a personal house call and see what happens!!!