Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunting from a ground blind >

Hunting from a ground blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting from a ground blind

Old 10-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Spike

Default Hunting from a ground blind

I started hunting a new property this year and am hunting it from a ground blind. Just a little lay of the land. There is 12/14 acres of timber and about 25 in alfalfa. The timber has not been cleaned up or any kind of up keep in years. The land owner is a friend and said as far as knows no one has hunted it since he bought it in '05ish. The timber is to thick to walk through. So I have a ground blind on the edge of the field. I see deer almost every time I'm out there. just never within bow range. If I move it should I wait to hunt out of it? Any advice about hunting from ground blinds would appreciated.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:20 AM
Spike

I always hear that a ground blind should be put out about a month in advance so that the deer can get comfortable to it, however I was in a similar position as you and moved my blind as well. It seemed to take only a few days before the deer started walking by it without much care.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

I personally see way more in a blind than a tree, I have had deer within 3-5 ft and didnt have a care in the world. I would say, either move it close and if possible throw a bunch or branches around and over it, or cut some shooting lanes if possible. I have just thrown it up sat and had deer walk by as long as your scent control is good just move up into range
good luck