Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bad News!!! I fell from my tree stand. >

Bad News!!! I fell from my tree stand.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad News!!! I fell from my tree stand.

Old 11-29-2014, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are 2 kinds of mindsets, one is at peace (not confused or disturbed) the other is tormented needing constant distraction, often in the form of music, but not limited to it. The mind that can sit still is a right mind.
My mind is tormented then. Wait, what were we talking about?
Old 11-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Guys, I have some bad news. Last night the stand I went to has been in the tree for like 18 years. It has been one of my best spots ever. This summer I had contemplated changing it but I never got around to it. I climbed up into the stand, 22 feet, and tested it. It seemed ok. I started to adjust the seat a little bit and the platform snapped. Needless to say I went straight down 22 feet and landed on my right hip and right shoulder. They aren't broke, but I am in extreme pain and can hardly move. I do have a fractured sacrum, (tail bone). I may not be able to hunt for a couple weeks. This really sucks cause it was the first day of my three week vacation and it's in prime time. Believe me, I will do everything in my power to get back out as soon as possible. In the mean time I hope you all have SAFE hunts and successful ones. I will keep you all updated on my situation and will be monitoring the success of everyone else. Good luck!!!!! Shoot a big one for me.
sorry to hear about that glad you are ok i feel your pain though i just got over bad shoulder injury and couldnt bow hunt for 4 weeks but just hang in ther
Old 12-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

My shoulder has gotten worse the last couple weeks. I am having an MRI on Wednesday. I will let you all know how it goes.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I have a stand about that old

It spends most of its time protected in a shed.