Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Rage 3 blade with kore technology >

New Rage 3 blade with kore technology

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Rage 3 blade with kore technology

Old 10-02-2014, 06:46 AM
Spike

Default New Rage 3 blade with kore technology

Went to gander mountain the other day and asked to get what ive always shot the rage 3 blade. They hand me the New rage 3 Blade and i had to steer myself away because of how huge and bulky they were. I was just wondering if anyone has used these yet and what they thought of them! Thanks

http://www.ragebroadheads.com/produc...echnology.html
Old 10-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't shot them but I agree with you, they look huge and bulky. I guess I cant knock em until I try em. I think I will wait for others feedback first though!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:55 AM
Spike

thats the thing is i dont think anyone is going to want to try them lol
Old 10-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like it was invented for the jumping robot during Fox football broadcasts.
I'll stick with something much more simple and no doubt as effective.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe they work great, but i remain skeptical....especially since it looks like screwing a swiss army knife onto the end of your arrow. they must have felt like they absolutely had to put something new out this year and this is the best they could do on short notice. I thought they would have gone with a 4 blade hybrid (2 fixed and 2 expandable), since they finally ironed all the kinks out of their 2 blade design (hypodermic).
Old 10-04-2014, 05:05 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cjclemens
Maybe they work great, but i remain skeptical....especially since it looks like screwing a swiss army knife onto the end of your arrow.
My thoughts exactly! It probably cuts a big hole once it arrives, but there's a lot of junk out there to create wind resistance and fight the fletchings' attempts to create rotation.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BTM
My thoughts exactly! It probably cuts a big hole once it arrives, but there's a lot of junk out there to create wind resistance and fight the fletchings' attempts to create rotation.
Regardless of how it flys, I bet it cuts a giant hole - as long as you can put enough energy behind it. I bash on rage a lot (mostly for fun), but the biggest problems I have observed with mechanical broadheads, over the years, is not reliability. It's shot placement and energy. It seems to me that there are a lot of guys who use mechanicals to compensate for a poorly tuned bow, which causes a loss of accuracy AND energy. They wind up hitting the deer too high, too far back, or right in the shoulder - then they come here and start threads about how their Rage or Grim Reaper must not have opened. Same goes for guys who shoot short draw lengths and light poundage. Poor penetration? Must have been the broadhead's fault! Never mind the fact that they put a 2" + cut blade on a 350 grain arrow that's lucky to make 50# KE. End rant!

Whew....I feel better now that I got that out of my system.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

They fly great. I have not shot a deer with one yet but I will let you know how it does when I do.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

I shot a doe with one yesterday. It put a big hole in her. She went 60yds and went down. It was a 35yd shot and was a clean pass thru. I would have no problem shooting another deer with this head.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

I shot another doe with this head. I had another pass thru and she went less then 40yds and went down. This shot was 21yds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.