Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default 1952

Yep,thats when my Dad handed me a bow and set up a target!!!! It was an stick bow,made of wood. My Dad passed in 1990 and i had a 1/2 brother living on the homested. He passed in 2009. I went to see if there was anything of value in the house. What a pig pen it was!!!! I searched thru mounds of trash,down stairs? In a under a pile of black,full,trash bags,i found 20 gauge Marlin,bolt action shot gun. I knew there was a 22 hand gun there,some where. I found it in an old dresser drawer.
I waded thru the garbage and made it up stairs. In one old bed rooms there was a pile of fishing rods and reels. Must have been 40 of them ! My son was with me and he grabbed them and put them in his truck. I looked in an old closet and low and behold THERE WAS THAT OLD STICK BOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That went home with us. It is no good but it is an heirlom. I think it is Lemon wood? The mice chewed it alittle. 51 years ago i was shooting it!!!!!!!!!!

The house has been sold for taxes and leveled
Old 09-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

gotta love memories
Old 10-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome man! Glad you found it!
Old 10-02-2014, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice read. An good to look back.