Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
scent control clothing? >

scent control clothing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent control clothing?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:14 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Play the WIND.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by handles II
Never get busted. Ha! That's rich.
I'll tell you what, point out a good deer, give me permission and I'll show you what sc can do and I won't play the wind.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon scent blocker suits are a sham. Ever seen someone cut into one to reveal how little carbon is actually in there? It's not a lot. But the main problem is that once it becomes saturated, which will quickly happen, they cannot be reactivated by a dryer. It takes 1000 degree heat in a vacuum like environment to reactivate carbon. I doubt the cloth portion of the suit could survive that. LOL! And since these suits are just hanging out on a rack exposed to the open air in the store they are almost certainly completely saturated before you even buy them. Now as someone said earlier in the thread, some of this clothing is nicely made and if you think that's it's worth the price for that reason alone then fine. But do not be fooled by the scent reduction claims.

Last edited by Todd1700; 10-23-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon suits do absorb the scent, however if you bought it and it WASNT sealed in a air tight bag, it already is full. You can't get a dryer high enough in temp to have the carbon "release" the locked in scent. Military suits work, but they are in a sealed bag and are a "one and done" item, and for a reason

Nothing eliminates scent, there are ways to reduce it, but you can't hide it, hunting the wind is the best plan
Old 11-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

just keep stuff on cloths line till u hunt and Never wear your gear in vehicle !! and you'll be good, I have had deer within feet of me and never knew i was there till they caught an arrow
Old 11-04-2014, 02:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by handles II
Never get busted. Ha! That's rich.
I suppose you could say I am. Does it make your brain hurt to give scent control to much thought?