HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   MN bow buck down!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/394343-mn-bow-buck-down.html)

deernutz 09-16-2014 07:21 PM

MN bow buck down!!

2 Attachment(s)
Well my opening day was a pretty sweet morning to be in a stand. With the temps in the low 30's and frost on the ground made it feel like a late Oct hunt. The night before I did my normal hunting gear check list and washing of my cloths. When I arrived to the hunting spot I dressed and made the 400yd trek in the dark. The moon was out so I elected not to use my flash light. I did spoke two deer but it's almost impossible not to with this piece of property. I climbed in my stand and settled in. The sun began to rise and melt the frost creating a silver haze in the timber.

I was pretty quiet until about 730 when I spotted a doe, small 8, and a spike. They pushed each other around a little bit then moved out of sight. About that time I heard the brush moving 100 yds to my left. It was one of the bucks I had gottten cam photos of in Aug. I grabbed my bow and drew when he was behind a tree and when he stepped out I settled my pin and touched off my arrow . It flew true and the deer whirled and was dead within 35 yds. I had sent my gold tip through his heart. It was a perfect hunt. Probably one of my most memorable. I wish everyone the same success I have had. Good Luck!!!

razor6570 09-17-2014 12:31 AM

Thanks for sharing the experience. Very nice buck! Congrats on a great deer!

fingerz42 09-17-2014 08:26 AM

Nice buck! My guess is 128 green score.

What was he?

Damon 09-17-2014 05:21 PM

What a great deer! I am no expert "scorer" but with the mass I would think much higher than 128 and really doesn't matter, great Buck!

deernutz 09-17-2014 06:39 PM

I havent had a chance to put a tape on him yet. With my new job I had just enough time to skin, butcher, and vacumm seal before I hit the rd again. My guess was 135ish. The score on this one really didnt matter to me. This was some new property I got permission on and was only out there 3times before season scouting. I happened to jump this buck out of a thicket. I set my stand on the trail coming out of his bed to the corn field. Luck would have it he showed up. Kinda a steppeing stone for me with figuring hunting game plans. This is two yrs in a row this worked for me.

ManofTheFall 09-18-2014 05:48 AM

Very nice buck!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

hatchet jack 09-18-2014 02:31 PM

Great Buck! Congrats!

Hatchet Jack

spdmstr85 09-18-2014 04:39 PM

Congrats!! Great buck!

fingerz42 09-19-2014 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Damon (Post 4159675)
What a great deer! I am no expert "scorer" but with the mass I would think much higher than 128 and really doesn't matter, great Buck!

How much higher? I guess we'll find out if he tapes it.

jdb_77 09-19-2014 07:44 AM

Congrats on the nice buck!!!!!!!