Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
MN bow buck down!! >

MN bow buck down!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MN bow buck down!!

Old 09-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MN bow buck down!!

Well my opening day was a pretty sweet morning to be in a stand. With the temps in the low 30's and frost on the ground made it feel like a late Oct hunt. The night before I did my normal hunting gear check list and washing of my cloths. When I arrived to the hunting spot I dressed and made the 400yd trek in the dark. The moon was out so I elected not to use my flash light. I did spoke two deer but it's almost impossible not to with this piece of property. I climbed in my stand and settled in. The sun began to rise and melt the frost creating a silver haze in the timber.

I was pretty quiet until about 730 when I spotted a doe, small 8, and a spike. They pushed each other around a little bit then moved out of sight. About that time I heard the brush moving 100 yds to my left. It was one of the bucks I had gottten cam photos of in Aug. I grabbed my bow and drew when he was behind a tree and when he stepped out I settled my pin and touched off my arrow . It flew true and the deer whirled and was dead within 35 yds. I had sent my gold tip through his heart. It was a perfect hunt. Probably one of my most memorable. I wish everyone the same success I have had. Good Luck!!!
Attached Thumbnails MN bow buck down!!-mn-8.jpg   MN bow buck down!!-mn-8-2.jpg  

Last edited by deernutz; 09-16-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:31 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for sharing the experience. Very nice buck! Congrats on a great deer!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! My guess is 128 green score.

What was he?
Old 09-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

What a great deer! I am no expert "scorer" but with the mass I would think much higher than 128 and really doesn't matter, great Buck!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent had a chance to put a tape on him yet. With my new job I had just enough time to skin, butcher, and vacumm seal before I hit the rd again. My guess was 135ish. The score on this one really didnt matter to me. This was some new property I got permission on and was only out there 3times before season scouting. I happened to jump this buck out of a thicket. I set my stand on the trail coming out of his bed to the corn field. Luck would have it he showed up. Kinda a steppeing stone for me with figuring hunting game plans. This is two yrs in a row this worked for me.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Buck! Congrats!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Spike

Congrats!! Great buck!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Damon
What a great deer! I am no expert "scorer" but with the mass I would think much higher than 128 and really doesn't matter, great Buck!
How much higher? I guess we'll find out if he tapes it.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the nice buck!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.