Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What do you think he will score? >

What do you think he will score?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you think he will score?

Old 09-03-2014, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
The deer look huge for AR. The deer Ive seen in AR are very small. Is that right or have I just not been to the right part of AR?
This is public land in NW Arkansas. The food supply here is endless an the season is only eight weeks long, bow only. They do get big or some of them do. Corn an soybeans.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AR Bowhunter
This is public land in NW Arkansas. The food supply here is endless an the season is only eight weeks long, bow only. They do get big or some of them do. Corn an soybeans.
Nice, do they regulate the amount of hunters they let in?
Old 09-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Nice, do they regulate the amount of hunters they let in?

You can get a permit just by calling. I never seen them only sale so many permits. But guess they could.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AR Bowhunter
You can get a permit just by calling. I never seen them only sale so many permits. But guess they could.
I'm just still surprised that is Arkansas and even more surprised you don't have half the state trying to squeeze in there.

I just never would have guessed you would have that kind of quality hunting on public land in Arkansas.....Learn something every day I reckon.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

There will probably be over 600 permits sold. Any given day about 10-20 people are hunting. When they start chasing, there are a good number of people there. But, it is bow only hunting. I think that has a lot to do with it. Because the eight weeks it is open is right in the middle of muzzle loading an gun season. Most people not all people hunt with bow, muzzle loader an gun method.