Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how much will a matthews legacy or lx be just the bow by it self. >

how much will a matthews legacy or lx be just the bow by it self.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how much will a matthews legacy or lx be just the bow by it self.

Old 10-07-2003, 08:57 PM

Default how much will a matthews legacy or lx be just the bow by it self.

i shoot a browning now it is a good bow but i won' t a better bow.i heard real good things about matthews and hoyt but i won' t a matthews. what is the price range of these to bows lx or legacy.nothing but the bow, the price range. INFO WILL HELP.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how much will a matthews legacy or lx be just the bow by it self.

Look up archery.net in the classifieds or ebay you can get a good estimate there .I bought an SQ 2 from archery.net and have had great luck there.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:43 PM

looked for prices had bad luck.need to no

go deep hunt hard.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

for a new one you will be looking at 600 plus.

But be honest with yourself if you are in the market for a new bow go and hit as many pro shops as you can and shoot as many different bows as you can.
You never know Mathews just might not be the bow for you.

There are a lot of good bow companies out there and they all make some mighty good bows.

Make your choice on what bow feels right for you and dont buy the first one you shoot. Like I said shoot a lot of different ones make a short list and go shoot them again then make your choice.

Good luck in your endevours
Old 10-07-2003, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll second Aussie-guy on the pro-shop suggestion. I' ve been doing just that as I' m saving for a new bow in the spring. Maybe now I' ll finally get a bow setup put together. Tried last year but family issues tapped out the funds set aside for the bow purchase then. I digress...

Anyway, I' ve been going around to all of the local bow shops test firing as many bows as I can before I decide which one I' m going to drop $400-700 of my hard earned money on, as I don' t want to regret my choice later. I don' t have the funds to buy a new bow or four every year so I' ve got to make sure that I' m getting what I want and need. I' ve found that making the rounds to test fire bows is great for three reasons:

1.) You get to experience a lot of different bows before you buy. Buying a bow is a lot different than buying a gun. I' ve found that every bow just feels different and that bow fit and feel is a very personal thing, and if the bow isn' t just right it' s not going to feel or shoot well for you. Most guns are " one-size-fits-most" and slight less than perfect fit isn' t a big deal for most people. It' ll also get you pointed in the right direction for your preferred bow specs. I' ve found that I don' t like the ultra-short ATA bows like the Bear TRX-32, the Bowtech Mighty Mite or the Mathews SQ2. I also don' t care for the longer bows either as they won' t fit the hunting style I anticipate I' ll be using. So the 34-36" ATA bows are my preference. So far I' ve shot three Fred Bear models, two Brownings, two Mathews, one Hoyt, one Jennings, one Parker and two Bowtechs and found I like the Mathews LX, the Bowtech Extreme VFT, Mathews Q2, and the Fred Bear TRX the best of all the ones I' ve tried so far, with the LX and VFT neck-in-neck for first. Your choices will probably be different than mine.

2.) You get to get a feel for the dealer. I' ve learned a lot about the local dealers during my " shooting-spree." Most dealers will bend over backwards and spend as much time with you as you need or want, and set up and let you shoot as many bows as you want. Others aren' t as patient or helpful, and those probably won' t be the ones I buy from when the time comes. I also have gained a little bit of archery knowledge from my research here and elsewhere, do I use my time with the dealers to see if they are genuine or smoke blowers. Some people you deal with are salesmen who happen to be archers, or archers who happen to be salesmen. The latter is usually better.

3.) Driving around and shooting lots of different bows is a lot of fun. I have made it a point not spend too much time at one dealer. I usually shoot a couple of bows and move on so I don' t consume too much of the dealers time. If they have more bow I want to shoot I' ll come back some other time. I don' t want to be a pest.

I can' t wait until I get a bow. I' m all the more excited because it seems that, even with my very limited archery experience, I' m not too bad of a shot.

Mike
Old 10-08-2003, 05:15 AM

$599-$629 around here for a LX. Suggested retail is $719 I think !!

$579 for a Legacy !!

Good luck !!
Old 10-08-2003, 06:47 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]