HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shoot through mesh. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/39360-shoot-through-mesh.html)

Jimimac 10-07-2003 04:36 PM

Shoot through mesh.

Hey all, I recently purchased an Ameristep Doghouse blind and was wondering about the shoot through netting. Have any of you had any accuracy problems shooting through the mesh? I have been practicing faithfully and for the most part have been achieving acceptable accuracy shooting through the mesh. However, I occasionally get a flyer that hits way wide of the mark. I' m sure it is the netting. There is no doubt in my mind. What are your experiences? I can' t see using the mesh in a hunting situation at this point. Any thoughts? Jim

Sooner_Hunter 10-07-2003 05:37 PM

RE: Shoot through mesh.

fixed or mechanicals?

Jimimac 10-07-2003 05:48 PM

Fixed...Bow tuned...

Two Beards 10-07-2003 08:10 PM

We' ve had excellent success with Double Bull' s
netting. Zero problems with fixed blades - Muzzy,
Thunderheads, & Wasp SST' s - we' re also able
to shoot Rocket Steelhead' s. Have taken animals
with all these BH' s....through the netting.

Jimimac 10-09-2003 10:33 AM

Bump...A little help anyone?

WV Hunter 10-09-2003 11:05 AM

I don' t use ground blinds, so I' m not 100% sure what you mean when you say " shoot through mesh" . Are you talking about actually shooting your arrow through the mesh on the way to the game?(cutting the mesh) If that it what you mean...NO WAY would I do it. Too much could go wrong. If that' s not what you mean, please explain in a little more detail.

Rack-attack 10-09-2003 11:10 AM

Are you talking about actually shooting your arrow through the mesh on the way to the game?(cutting the mesh)
WV - the new blinds are built with mesh windows designed to allow you to shoot through them. It is a very thin mesh that helps hide movement but can be effectively shot through.

prof907 10-09-2003 11:12 AM

I have been wondering about this shoot through mesh also. I saw were I could buy the mesh that is in the double bull and thought about putting it on my ground blind.

It says you can shoot mechanicals through it.....but it seems to me that the mesh would/could cause them to open. Has anyone tried mechanicals with this mesh?

WV Hunter 10-09-2003 11:16 AM

Thanks for clarifying that Rack:)

Regardless...I still don' t think I' d do it. Heck sometimes we have enough trouble just trying to cut the air between us and the deer.... I don' t think I need to ad mesh to that equation;) Murphy would be lurking I' m sure...[:-]

Jimimac 10-09-2003 03:42 PM

I was wondering about Murphy too. Thus the post. The mesh in theory should be superior from a concealment standpoint than just a hole in the side of the blind to shoot through. I also believe the deer would be less spooky as they approach because there wouldn' t be a " black hole break" in the camo pattern. That errant shot every now and again has me spooked big time. I wonder how many guys hunt without the mesh? Does the mesh really make a big difference in concealment?