Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
The Frustration, Please Help! >

The Frustration, Please Help!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Frustration, Please Help!

Old 08-20-2014, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with GTOhunter, consistency & repetitive equals accuracy. If he is moving his head then his anchor point is not consistent. I also solved this by having a kisser button installed as it made my anchor point consistent.

Grip pressure needs to be the same. I have a tendency to torque my hand when I grip my bow, so I installed a sight that shows when that is happening. These two additions really tightened my groups and I can consistently hit the end of a pop can out to 60 yards.

My pins are 22, 32, 42 & 52. My bow shoots flat enough anything between 0-22 yards is the same point of impact (POI) with 1.5 inches.

My only question is are the arrows hitting consistently? I do not care if they are accurate yet. If you aim at the same point on the target at 15 yards are 3 arrows grouping together consistently? Do not worry about hitting where you are aiming yet. Simply get the arrows to all group consistently. Then you can make adjustments to the sights and bring the group on target. If they are not consistent, what are you seeing? Arrows hitting the target at angles, bullet like flight but not consistent, etc...

Is your bow on target?

Frustrating... yes. Anything in life worth doing, at one point to another, is going to be. However, shooting a bow requires consistency in everything. Rarely does letting your frustration get the best of you promote consistency. This is supposed to be fun. Keep in mind that there is a solution and you will get on target. It could be bad form, grip pressure, torque, mechanical, etc... either way at some point you will be helping others learn this great sport and help offer advice.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Spike

We bought them used, but took them to a shop and they helped us.

We are getting more consistant.