Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bow sight...to change or not to change >

Bow sight...to change or not to change

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow sight...to change or not to change

Old 07-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Spike

I really like my HHA wheel adjustable yardage sight. It has a shroud covering over the fiber optic rapping. You can adjust the shroud to expose more fiber optic line to brighten the pin for low light conditions. Good luck this season!
Old 07-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Spike

I ran a SpottHog Father single pin for a while, then I put a 3-pin pin head on it. It's the best of both worlds. You have 20/30/40 yard pins for everything close, then you can dial the 40 yard pin to whatever you need for the long range shots. I hunt spot and stalk, so I need the fixed pins to allow for situational distance and it also helps to judge distance when you don't have time to use the range finder. The advantages are less pin clutter and dialing exact yardages for the longer shots when distance is absolutely critical.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:51 AM
Spike

Default Trophy Ridge

I switched to the react sight by trophy ridge they make two I like the 5 pin sight they also make a single pin sight if you have never heard of it you have too look it up. There a little pricy but we'll worth it!
Old 07-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Both are good but it comes down to personal preference. What ever you decide just make sure to practice.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:50 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

One pin! Multi. pins for 50 plus yards.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by timmyzimmy
KNOW YOUR DISTANCE. And this is the my simple way of dealing with it.

I'm zero'd in at 20 yards, which is good from 0-28 yards. Then I marked the pin post at 35 yards and use it from30-45 yards. To shoot past 60, I'm actually outside the pin guard. Shooting distance is fun but my farthest shot at a animal was last year at 24 yards.

Point being. Now I only give distance a spilt second of thought and only having ONE pin helps this. Then I start thinking bout all the OTHER things that are going on. Shooting now, is just a reaction instead of THE action.
For many years I shot a 5 pin and always contemplated going to a 1 pin but didn't because of "potential" adjustments I would have to make for yardage. What a bonehead reason (ie cop-out) for "me" to use for not trying something new.

I finally made the switch and committed to it. I zero'd at 20 and use it like timmy 0-30 and then I have marked the pin post for 35 and took it one further and left my pin on my 20 spot and then marked the pin housing (big circle around my pin) slightly lower than my 20 using both the pin itself and the hash mark like a x and y axis from math class and "BINGO" no adjustment necessary. Especially since I typically do not take a shot at anything over 40 yrds as a personal rule unless it is a target.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

HHA sight is were it's at! One pin 0-60yards and deadly accurate after you get it sighted in. I highly recommend it.