Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Fixed Broadheads to replace my old Thunderheads? >

Fixed Broadheads to replace my old Thunderheads?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fixed Broadheads to replace my old Thunderheads?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Spike

If your sticking to fixed blade I would try the muzzy mx-3, its lower profile so requires less tuning....or look at ramcats they are more of a hybrid cross between a fixed and mechanical and if you don't get a pass though the blades are sharp on the back side so it cuts that way as well.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Spike

Nothing wrong with ThunderHeads. They didn't group well out of my 1st 2 bows so I went to Magnus stingers which flew well. I upgraded to a Hoyt CST and it shot everything well so I bought a pack of QAD Exodus because of all the hype. These are the 1st broadheads I have ever tried that actually matched my field tips to 60yds, both trajectory and accuracy! I'm going after bull elk and muley buck this year with Exodus swept blade heads. Pictures to follow....
Old 07-22-2014, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with the Thunderheads, I've been killing deer with them since the '80s...

What you needed to do with the first bow is set it up for the Thunderheads, this needs to be done with any broadhead.......
Old 07-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

wasp drones or muzzy trocar both heads shoot with my field points. I haven't hunted with them yet, sure they will get the job done.