Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
In your opinion whats the strongest, longest lasting fletching glue for carbons >

In your opinion whats the strongest, longest lasting fletching glue for carbons

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In your opinion whats the strongest, longest lasting fletching glue for carbons

Old 05-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Spike

Default In your opinion whats the strongest, longest lasting fletching glue for carbons

In your opinion whats the strongest, longest lasting fletching glue for carbons on the market?
Old 05-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Ive been using G5 Blue Glue with great success. Ive also heard, but not used, that Super Glue Gel, in the bottle with the blue squeeze size works very well.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used Bohning Platnium for years and no problems. Fletching and inserts. Both carbon and alum.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
I have used Bohning Platnium for years and no problems. Fletching and inserts. Both carbon and alum.
Me, too. That and Arrow Mate NPV. Neither are fast setting, but they don't get brittle either so last for many years. I've got ACC's fletched with NPV that are just about 17 years old.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
Ive been using G5 Blue Glue with great success. Ive also heard, but not used, that Super Glue Gel, in the bottle with the blue squeeze size works very well.
Ive used the super glue gel....with great results
Old 05-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Bartender

Cheap super glue from menards. 2 pack for like $2.80 works great for me. Dries so quick.

http://www.menards.com/main/home-dec...944-c-7175.htm
Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not that hard to hold a vane to a shaft, and the chemical composition of most of the fletching adhesives out there - "super glue" included - really aren't that different.

What DOES make a significant difference in how well fletching stays put is shaft and vane preparation. Grab a vane out of a box and glue it to an unprepped shaft, don't expect good results. Prep your shafts properly (rough-up, wipe, and degrease), degrease/de-oil your vanes properly, and any of the products on the market will hold just fine.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:56 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
It's not that hard to hold a vane to a shaft, and the chemical composition of most of the fletching adhesives out there - "super glue" included - really aren't that different.

What DOES make a significant difference in how well fletching stays put is shaft and vane preparation. Grab a vane out of a box and glue it to an unprepped shaft, don't expect good results. Prep your shafts properly (rough-up, wipe, and degrease), degrease/de-oil your vanes properly, and any of the products on the market will hold just fine.
Agree completely! (With the exception that some vane manufacturers - like Bohning - say to leave the vanes alone, i.e., to not de-oil them. Read the directions on the package.)

As far as the original question, my opinion doesn't matter. As far as my experience, Bohning Platinum has worked well.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BTM
Agree completely! (With the exception that some vane manufacturers - like Bohning - say to leave the vanes alone, i.e., to not de-oil them. Read the directions on the package.)

As far as the original question, my opinion doesn't matter. As far as my experience, Bohning Platinum has worked well.
Bohnings packaging also tells you to be careful to not touch the lips of the vanes, because they're already degreased from factory, and as such, if you make contact, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot. No reason not to degrease them, other than they don't need it unless you've handled them.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:17 AM
DCA
Spike

We here at Deer Crossing Archery use Instabond 1500 industrial glue. It sets real fast, so better be ready when you put it on the vane. Toughest stuff we have ever used!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.