Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

matthews bows

Old 10-05-2003, 06:49 PM

Default RE: matthews bows

my buddy droped his mathews bow the other day he was real lucky he did not mess his bow up.. just broke off the sites.

go deep hunt hard.

BROWNING THE BEST THERE IS.

Old 10-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I' ve owned an MQ1, a Q2, and just bought a Legacy.

No complaints whatsoever.

The Legacy is a fine bow. In the last 2 weeks, I' ve had occasion to shoot it near other experienced archers. They all said, " Man, is that thing quiet!"
Old 10-05-2003, 07:28 PM

I bought a legacy last year; had an MQ1 before that; love' m both. Can you buy an equal bow cheaper- yeah probably... matthews, to me, is like john deer tractors- there is just something about them that results in folks paying a little more... i' d like to say for quality, but I know there' s some darn good marketing involved also. If you like it and have the $, buy it, you won' t be disappointed.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:33 PM

I am on my third Mathews Bow and have loved all three of them in their own rights. My first was the Q2 and loved it! Second was a Legacy and absolutely loved it and don' t really know why I sold it other than I am one of those guys that loves the latest and greatest and I can afford it! Third is the LX. I thought the Legacy was the best bow ever, then I shot the LX. My groups got tighter with my first round of arrows with the LX. I guess it was simply the fact that it has 80% let-off vs. the legacy' s 65%.

My only issue with the Mathews bows is the Zebra Strings. The first two bows weren' t bad, but the string on my LX WAS ABSOLUTELY junk!!! It never stopped stretching and twisting. I finally replaced it with a Winners Choice string and have not regreted it for a second.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:21 PM

I have been a PSE shooter since I started shooting many years ago. For several years now my friends have been raving on Mathews. I played it off as hype. Well this year I had the extra money, so I decided to try the LX and the Legacy. I fell in love with both and ended up buying the LX. I feel half guilty since I have a prefectly good PSE at home that has never failed me, yet I did it anyway. My Mathews feels like an extension of my body. It is so well balanced, so smooth, so quiet, and I have never shot so well. I love my LX. However, I recommend you shoot several bows and only buy what is right for you. Everyones bugets and opinions are different, what is right for some may not be right for you. I would ignore the brand battles and be my own judge.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

I have an Mathews SQ2 and love it.This is the third season for it and I could' nt imagine useing any thing else They are exspensive but well worth the money For the quality.Like comparing a Harley to a Yamaha Go to your local dealer ship and ask to shoot a Mathews this is what made my mind up for me between a Hoyt and Mathews.L.O.L.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:40 PM

Also, keep in mind all bows are only as good as the archer and the set-up.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:58 PM

You can' t go wrong with a Mathews. I own a Bowtech which is a very fine bow also.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:56 PM

i use a mathews ultramax and i really have nothing bad to say about it. Even though its the only bow i' ve ever had i think its a pretty fine piece of equipment.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:33 PM

I am on my third Mathews bow. I had th MQ32 and sold it for a Ultra2 still have it but fell in love with a Legacy. They are great bows!!! I have owned and shot many bows in the last 20 years and there are alot of good ones out there. my advice, shot as many as you can get your hands on then decide what feals good for you. I can tell you though after shooting Mathews for about 5 years now I have never ahd a problem with any of them even after I had a friend dry fire one. The bow never missed a tick. I did have to replace the nock point that flew off never to be seen again but the bow still shoots great!![:-] Shoot what suits you and just enjoy!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: matthews bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.