Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Choice of Mathews Drenalin or Z7. >

Choice of Mathews Drenalin or Z7.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Choice of Mathews Drenalin or Z7.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Choice of Mathews Drenalin or Z7.

If you had the choice of the Mathews Drenalin and Z7 setting on the table and you can have either for free and it is set up to your specs, which would you take and why? I already have the Drenalin and am looking at a brand new, in box, unfired, Z7 for under $400. Whats your thoughts.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Never shot a Drenalin but the Z7 is a fine shooter. Id have to shoot them side by side and see which fits better.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I've never shot either bow but I bought the Creed last year and absolutely love it. I have shot the Heli M and they both are great bows. The price is good for the Z7 but I would spend the extra for the Creed XS and you would have the most up to date Mathews bow.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to shoot the Drenalin and traded up for the Helim. Extremely glad I did, I love the helim. I think if your only option was the Drenalin or the Z7 I would trade up to the Z7. Heck, you can sell your Drenalin on Ebay for the price you are paying for the Z7.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
If you had the choice of the Mathews Drenalin and Z7 setting on the table and you can have either for free and it is set up to your specs, which would you take and why? I already have the Drenalin and am looking at a brand new, in box, unfired, Z7 for under $400. Whats your thoughts.
To answer your question, I'll ask this question:

Why did you buy the Drenalin? (God awful name selection, swing and a miss Mathew's Marketing Dept)

Did you buy the Drenalin because you shot a great number of bows and determined that the Drenalin was THE BOW FOR YOU?

Did you buy the Drenalin because it was the "most bow" you could afford?

Did you buy the Drenalin because you found a great deal on it?

Your answer to the question, "Should I upgrade to the z7?" really depends on the answer to "Why did you buy the Drenalin?"

For example: 3 yrs ago, I bought a Bowtech Destroyer 350. Luckily for me, money wasn't an issue (cashed in on some "investments" I had made on a few sets of pistols), so I bought it because I shot a great number of bows, and it was THE BOW that felt the best with the power and specs I wanted. It didn't matter that the Insanity was the top of the line bow over the Destroyer and I could get a rebate that made the two the same price, or that I could save money on a Diamond Outlaw, the Destroyer was THE BOW.

Alternatively, I had an opportunity on a GREAT deal to get a yr old Mathews Monster (original Monster) literally for free to me for trading a few free hotel nights for it. Considering I get about 20 nights a year for free, I would have been stupid not to have taken the deal. It's a great bow, really love it, it's longer than my Destroyer (and left handed of course), but it's a great bow. But I promise you this, if I had a chance to trade it straight across for a new Mathews Monster Chill, that sucker would go out the door so fast it'd make thunder behind it.

So that's the difference. The Chill R and the Destroyer 350 have been THE BOWS for me, best feeling bows with the performance and specs I want. The Monster is a great bow at a great deal, but it's not quite THE BOW.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
To answer your question, I'll ask this question:

Why did you buy the Drenalin? (God awful name selection, swing and a miss Mathew's Marketing Dept)

Did you buy the Drenalin because you shot a great number of bows and determined that the Drenalin was THE BOW FOR YOU?

Did you buy the Drenalin because it was the "most bow" you could afford?

Did you buy the Drenalin because you found a great deal on it?

Your answer to the question, "Should I upgrade to the z7?" really depends on the answer to "Why did you buy the Drenalin?"

For example: 3 yrs ago, I bought a Bowtech Destroyer 350. Luckily for me, money wasn't an issue (cashed in on some "investments" I had made on a few sets of pistols), so I bought it because I shot a great number of bows, and it was THE BOW that felt the best with the power and specs I wanted. It didn't matter that the Insanity was the top of the line bow over the Destroyer and I could get a rebate that made the two the same price, or that I could save money on a Diamond Outlaw, the Destroyer was THE BOW.

Alternatively, I had an opportunity on a GREAT deal to get a yr old Mathews Monster (original Monster) literally for free to me for trading a few free hotel nights for it. Considering I get about 20 nights a year for free, I would have been stupid not to have taken the deal. It's a great bow, really love it, it's longer than my Destroyer (and left handed of course), but it's a great bow. But I promise you this, if I had a chance to trade it straight across for a new Mathews Monster Chill, that sucker would go out the door so fast it'd make thunder behind it.

So that's the difference. The Chill R and the Destroyer 350 have been THE BOWS for me, best feeling bows with the performance and specs I want. The Monster is a great bow at a great deal, but it's not quite THE BOW.
I upgraded up to the Drenalin, set up, from the Q2, for a even swap with another bow I had no use for thrown in last year. I like how the Mathews bows fit my hand. Money not the issue.
I am now trying to decide if I should go ahead and take this upgrade as well or just stay with what I just obtained and see what else comes along. I am just wanting to hear what others would do or feel if in the same situation.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
I upgraded up to the Drenalin, set up, from the Q2, for a even swap with another bow I had no use for thrown in last year. I like how the Mathews bows fit my hand. Money not the issue.
I am now trying to decide if I should go ahead and take this upgrade as well or just stay with what I just obtained and see what else comes along. I am just wanting to hear what others would do or feel if in the same situation.
Since you didn't buy the Drenalin because it was "THE BOW", then reset the game and play again.

If you shoot the Drenalin beside the z7, which feels better? An upgrade to a better model isn't an upgrade if it doesn't feel better/shoot better for you. The F-150 Raptor is a pretty d@mn cool truck and a major upgrade on top of an F-150, but I don't need a dune buggy, I need a farm truck with room for a kid in the backseat. That make sense? Just like my anecdote about the Destroyer 350 vs the Insanity, going Up the model list wasn't an improvement for me.

If both feel about the same, and the z7 won't cost anything (net), then I'd get the higher model, since it'd have the better resale value later on.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot both and I would grab the z7 without hesitation. It shot extremely well.
Plus if you can get it for the under 400 ? I would do it.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've just got myself a Z7, what a bow!!!!!! Shoots so sweet, quiet, smooth...... love mine
Old 02-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd spend the $400 on something else...

I have a drenalin. I'll probably own another bow in my lifetime, but I honestly don't think I'd ever "have to"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.