Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Looking into buying a new bow... >

Looking into buying a new bow...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking into buying a new bow...

Old 01-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Sunsetpatti, G5 Prime takes the cake. Nothing shoots more accurate. I've split 2 arrows in 1st 6 mos. absolutely the smoothest cam.

Mathews is a great company but falling way behind in the technology.
But I would buy a Mission Blaze, or Ballistic for the price, if that's a factor.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the Elite line. Great bows and great customer service. Lifetime transferable warranty is a nice plus when buying used.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Spike

Default --//------>

--//--------> thanks so much for the great ideas. I'll take all of them to the archery shops around here & do some informed shopping for my new bow. With all your info...this may take a while
Old 01-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check into the Mission Archery Bows (made by Matthews).i bought the Mission "Craze" Bow for my Daughter and ended up having it sized for me instead!It can fit a Youth,Lady or a Guy since it has adjustments for different draw lengths and it adjust poundage from 20-70lbs,it has a short 28 inch axel to axel length and it a nice shooting Bow!

Mission makes several affordable Bows and have added several more to its line up!What ever Brand You decide on check out as many as possible and get the one that fits You and a Your Budget!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a Hoyt Vectrix and I like it. It's a little on the heavy side, but very solid. But all the talk I'm hearing now, is about Elite Archery. There are some really seasoned tournament shooters that swear that Elite is making the best bows now.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

From all I have been hearing as of late, the ELITE Energy bows are the real deal. I have always been a PSE and Mathews guy but with all these reviews on the ELITE bows I just might have to try and see what all the hype is about.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Spike

Default bows

check out the hoyt charger or bowtech assassin, i own a hoyt charger and my dad owns a bowtech assassin, and both are great bows without breaking you wallet. you get great top of the line performance without paying top of the line price.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:16 PM
Spike

I'm taking this whole list along with me when I go try out these bows. I'll go have to go to local shops & bigger shops like Cabela's. This will be a great road trip!!
Old 01-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 47616
check out the hoyt charger or bowtech assassin, i own a hoyt charger and my dad owns a bowtech assassin, and both are great bows without breaking you wallet. you get great top of the line performance without paying top of the line price.
Just starting bow hunting this year and could not agree more with you, as I got the assassin and I'm very surprised how well this bow has helped me feel confident with just getting into shooting.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews all the way. Why? Smoothest bow I have ever shot. QUIET!!!!! They are the quietest bow out of the box per factory per factory specs. And their grips fit my hand perfect. I am on my 3rd now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.