Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Looking into buying a new bow... >

Looking into buying a new bow...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking into buying a new bow...

Old 01-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Mathews all the way. Why? Smoothest bow I have ever shot. QUIET!!!!! They are the quietest bow out of the box per factory per factory specs. And their grips fit my hand perfect. I am on my 3rd now.
Mathews used to be the best, but they have been passed by quiet a few others now. Their latest line of bows actually rated near the bottom in noise and hand shock. Don't "marry" a manufacturer just because it's what you shoot or have always shot. Be progressive and open minded and you'll find it will serve you well in the long run. The Elite Energy was voted the most "shootable" bow, but lacked a little in speed, and the Bowtech got the highest all around marks.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by supaflav
Mathews used to be the best, but they have been passed by quiet a few others now. Their latest line of bows actually rated near the bottom in noise and hand shock. Don't "marry" a manufacturer just because it's what you shoot or have always shot. Be progressive and open minded and you'll find it will serve you well in the long run. The Elite Energy was voted the most "shootable" bow, but lacked a little in speed, and the Bowtech got the highest all around marks.
I don't marry it because of past experiences. My hunting buddy and his wife shoot for mathews, and I have access to all the newest bows before the public gets to. I just can't spend the money on them once I get used to them because they came out with a new bow. I use what works for me till its broke and not able to fix. That and just cheap like that!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Patti, rather than argue a certain bow mfg. Find a good archery shop!
One willing to work with you. (Not a big box sporting good store). Then you can make a better decision.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Spike

There are lots of top quality bows out there and when it comes to the top of the line bows from several manufacturers I would be lying if I said I felt one was much better than another. As long as they have reasonable good speed, are not going to fall apart, any of them will hit where you hold.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:00 AM
Spike

Default New Bow

Just got a new Hoyt Charger Extended draw. Looks to be great bow for $499.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Spike

New Breed Lycan. Smooth Draw, Holds Nice, Plenty Fast, Transferable Warranty, comes with a Quality String and Cables, and the price is a little better than the big three.