Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Over hunting your stand or woods? >

Over hunting your stand or woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Over hunting your stand or woods?

Old 11-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

I am referring to hunting one stand or small plot to many times. I have been trying to get permission at other places but it is difficult around here. Most landowners either let family and friends hunt or no one. Then when I do get new permission there is already multiple people hunting it.

Valentine, what are you talking about? Are you saying that I am lazy and this is why I only hunt one spot?

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes you can overhunt a stand or your hunting spot. And imam sure that I do over hunt mine. I only have 15 acres. I have 6 ladder stands, and 2 ground blinds. And the real killer is that I only have one way into my spot. And it's a bottle neck that the deer like to use. So I am pretty sure that after the first week of hunting season, the deer have me patterned. But I really Dont have a choice, I have done the knocking on doors thing, but all them land around here is already taken.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RisnerPSE
Valentine, what are you talking about? Are you saying that I am lazy and this is why I only hunt one spot?
Don't mind Valentine, nobody ever knows wtf he's talking about. 1,300+ posts and all of them are boldly sarcastic and confrontational, based around the fact that nobody needs anything but a wool sweater and a pointy stick to kill animals, and that hunting should be nothing but hard work, and nobody under the age of 115yrs old truly knows how to hunt anymore.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Don't mind Valentine, nobody ever knows wtf he's talking about. 1,300+ posts and all of them are boldly sarcastic and confrontational, based around the fact that nobody needs anything but a wool sweater and a pointy stick to kill animals, and that hunting should be nothing but hard work, and nobody under the age of 115yrs old truly knows how to hunt anymore.
lol...I had to read it again..but I still don't understand it

can you overhunt? sure...you just have to be sneakier than them...Ive had to alter my parking location to 2 different places. As I have only one real way to get in to my property...keeping other hunters/trespassers out is the more difficult thing. I had to put lots of pressure on MY property to keep others from trespassing on MY property! I was gone for 20yrs in the Military and retired last year...to find my property being trespassed on A LOT...I put up signs/ cable across the road and finally Im getting control of my area again and taking deer!!
Old 12-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Spike

er... ah.... wellll you CAN harvest them from home, or some of us can. Spent the entire week in a couple of stands 2 weeks ago,( I Do believe you can over stay your welcome in stands), just to have my wife kill a 10 point while drying her hair on the front porch ! But I'm not offended, she let me clean it for her. I did see a flock of ten bearded gobblers one morning, no fall turkey season.