HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   RUT nowhere near here in southwestern, PA (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/386650-rut-nowhere-near-here-southwestern-pa.html)

RidgeFACTOR 11-02-2013 09:58 AM

RUT nowhere near here in southwestern, PA

Was wondering if any other hunters in or around southwestern Pennsylvania are seeing any signs of even a pre-rut? I've seen nothing what so ever of any deer movement. Thanks.

early in 11-02-2013 05:20 PM

I can only speak about here in SE Pa. I have hunted every day (except Sun) from Oct 28th until today. Every day was a dark to dark hunt except last Mon/Tue, when I hunted from noon until dark. I have seen about 10 deer! Two of those days I saw nothing! I've let about 4 yearlings go by, and a scbubby little 8pt. It almost seems like there isn't a Rut!! I'll give it another all dayer on Monday. :happy0001:

Big10Hunter 11-02-2013 06:08 PM

was out today just north of pittsburgh... the only thing running around are the squirrels

FullDraw Archery 11-02-2013 08:22 PM

Thing are just starting to heat up in Ohio!!!!!! I have been seeing more buck movement within the last 3 days then i have seen all year. But still no chasing yet but with this cold weather im hoping today is going to be the day. Im headed out as soon as i get off from work tonight. So i will keep you all posted........... GOOD LUCK

RidgeFACTOR 11-03-2013 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Big10Hunter (Post 4094444)
was out today just north of pittsburgh... the only thing running around are the squirrels

Same here (Greene Co.)
...woods are dead, sat 7 hours Saturday and saw nothing but a few squirrels.

FullDraw Archery 11-03-2013 06:43 AM

Just getting in from hunting. Had to small bucks running does hard all over the woods for a hour so things r about to get exciting here in OHIO. Headed back out this evening I would have stayed longer but i worked last night then went Stright to the woods.

Doughboy2 11-04-2013 06:27 AM

Here in SW Ohio/SE IN it is slow as well....small bucks chasing....according to everything that I have read, it looks like it is going to be a late rut....things should start to heat up soon...at least to the point where there is more daylight buck activity.

bghunter777 11-04-2013 01:06 PM

lots of bucks dead one 22 between blairsville and state college Pa one more compliments of my car this morning

dmax4me 11-06-2013 04:00 AM

I'm in South Central PA and there's no rut activity yet here. It must be getting close because I've seen a few does run-off when they see a little fork horn coming near even though the buck shows no sign of interest.

cdaniels77 11-06-2013 08:36 AM

Seen first daylight sighting of a decent 10 Saturday morning in southern West Virginia. He has been very nocturnal and was following 2 does (not aggressively though), so maybe it's getting close.