Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
RUT nowhere near here in southwestern, PA >

RUT nowhere near here in southwestern, PA

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RUT nowhere near here in southwestern, PA

Old 11-09-2013, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

In NE Penna, here's what I've seen. Rutting is really heating up, but mostly night so far.

Last Sat, I saw a big buck chasing a couple doe at first light, then nothing. In the PM, we got sidetracked getting my kid his doe. But, when we went spotting, we saw a lot of chasing and fighting. Trail cams showing a lot of buck activity, too, but mostly at night. A couple broken tines already, too.

Now it's cold, and I'm stuck at home until the 16th.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
I can only speak about here in SE Pa. I have hunted every day (except Sun) from Oct 28th until today. Every day was a dark to dark hunt except last Mon/Tue, when I hunted from noon until dark. I have seen about 10 deer! Two of those days I saw nothing! I've let about 4 yearlings go by, and a scbubby little 8pt. It almost seems like there isn't a Rut!! I'll give it another all dayer on Monday.
I hear you early in ! I to have seen no sign of the rut until yesterday over in NJ on a Farm in Lambertville. The small Bucks were running the Doe's hard. I think with this cold front coming in Monday night next week should be good hunting! Good Luck!
Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I scored a 4 point today. He and another small buck
were running one doe pretty hard. One friend of mine (central MD) has witnessed a couple breeding sessions. No signs of big boys just yet. Next week maybe??
Old 11-10-2013, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
UPDATE: Same here in southwestern, Pennsylvania as it was last weekend, nothing. Hunted for 9 hrs. today (FRI. Nov. 8th.) and saw absolutely nothing but squirrels. I tried rattling, grunting, and some bleats with the CAN and it was as if I was hunting in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Bad thing about it here in Pennsylvania, next week is our last weekend to bow hunt, they (Game Commission) take it out when the "rut" finally does get here and it doesn't come back in until the day after Christmas.
Saturday November 9th. Stayed in the stand for 8 hrs. and saw (1) doe. Tried calls and nothing. I know there are nice bucks in the area(s) I am hunting, had several on my trail cameras. Hopefully with cooler temps, next week should heat up.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tuesday November 12th. (Southwestern, Pennsylvania): Still no sign of a rut, even with a few inches of snow.
Attached Thumbnails RUT nowhere near here in southwestern, PA-novdavisbuck.jpg  

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 11-15-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, as crazy as this might sound, I believe the Rut (in SE Pa) has come to a near end. I'm seeing ZERO Rut activity. Where as the last 2 weeks there was at least some daytime movement. I was also getting good daytime pics on my trail cams. Not now. Also, any deer that I am lucky enough to see are going about their business in a very "normal" fashion. I guess there will be a bit of a trickle of Rut activity, but it hasn't been happening while I've been on stand the last 3 days.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I myself don't think the "rut" has came yet to my area of southwestern, Pennsylvania (Greene Co.). I am starting to believe all the "professionals" and agree that the rut wont happen in these parts until the last week of November, makes sense since I haven't seen hardly anything that would seem like chasing, fighting, rubs, scrapes, grunting etc.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put 8 more hours in the woods today (southwestern, Pennsylvania), saw no deer again. Temps in the low 60's didn't help any. The rut in these parts isn't even close.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ridge, I have seen some "Rut activity" in the last 2 weeks, but it's been minimal. I've seen a small 8pt around 12:30PM about 2 weeks ago, 2 bucks trailing a doe on 2 occasions last week, and a few very small bucks that looked like they were "seeking" a doe to mate with last week. I believe this was the Rut for my area (SE Pa), and I also believe it's over for the most part in my area.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Last Day of PA until after X'mas

LAST DAY: Saw one doe cruising by herself. You tell me? No RUT what-so-ever here in Greene County Pennsylvania. 11/16/13

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.