Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
RUT nowhere near here in southwestern, PA >

RUT nowhere near here in southwestern, PA

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RUT nowhere near here in southwestern, PA

Old 11-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Things just starting to heat up here in Northumberland co. Starting to see a few scrapes here and there but very little deer movement.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

North central PA and rut activity is basically nonexistent each year. This year is no difference. I haven't seen ANY chasing, dogging, or harassment of does while on stand.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Northern and central maryland its turning up really good. Ive personally seen a ton of scrapes and on a few different occassions while driving to and from work (10pm and 6am) I have seen some really nice bucks chasings does and making scrapes.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:47 AM
Spike

Im in New York, last weekend saw a 4 pointer chasing a doe and a friend of mine hunting the other side of the property saw a 6 in full rut. All the other bucks that were seen, which were quite a bit, were just strolling through eating and not paying any mind to the does. We saw some big shooter bucks that paid no mind at all to does. Hopefully they start up soon.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Same here in northeast pa, deer movement has been slow hunted all week except for this evening. Saw my first buck chasing yesterday, a six point. Did see a decent buck 2 days ago that was not interested in does yet. Out this morning and saw a little six point just feeding.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Spike

Here in WI we are full on rut. started chasing last weekend, Big guys chasing now, too many big deer getting hit on the roads already
Old 11-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

UPDATE: Same here in southwestern, Pennsylvania as it was last weekend, nothing. Hunted for 9 hrs. today (FRI. Nov. 8th.) and saw absolutely nothing but squirrels. I tried rattling, grunting, and some bleats with the CAN and it was as if I was hunting in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Bad thing about it here in Pennsylvania, next week is our last weekend to bow hunt, they (Game Commission) take it out when the "rut" finally does get here and it doesn't come back in until the day after Christmas.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

RUT_MAP_FOR_YOUR_AREA
Be sure to submit what type or phase of activity the deer are doing in your area.

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 11-08-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

dunno bout the rut happening big time in green bay area, I work in G.B an dlive in Navarino, and it seems as though its just starting up, but g/l
Old 11-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

I have seen small bucks chasing does being chased since Oct.12 of this year hear on Long Island. the buck I took last wkend was not chasing but the buck bf him was scenting and had a clear path he wanted to follow.. hope it heats up for you upstate soon Peppe!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.