Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

White Socks deer

Old 09-30-2003, 03:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default White Socks deer

Sitting watching a field yesterday,out came three deer .I noticed the one looked pale in color.Not white ,brown,but sorta like a cup of coffee with lots of milk in it. Then I seen it had white socks. The one front leg was white up to the knee joint. But if I see it in the season I wont shoot it.I think it was a yearling. I was about 200 yards away. But I think it was a yearling. The bummer I know someone will kill it and not let it mature.Last year there was a white button running around. Seems we have some white in our gene pool around here. Seeing alot the past several years with lots of white
Old 09-30-2003, 03:18 AM

Default RE: White Socks deer

That sounds pretty cool. If you live in PA it probably will get shot. In this state sometimes it amazes me we have any deer at all with as many that are killed. Thank God that he made the deer prolific. B.T.W. I' ve been hunting for 28 years now and have spent a pile of time in the woods, and have never even caught a glimpse of a piebald deer.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:26 AM

Default RE: White Socks deer

Weve got a doe on our farm with white socks, we saw the first time in 97 and saw her several times that year and she only had one fawn then. Every year since she has had twins except for last year. Shes getting very old but has never shown any color in her fawns like we had hoped. Last year I decidedto take her because of her age and no fawns but shes smarter than any buck Ive ever come across[:@] ended up taking a really nice buck while trying to hunt her though.