Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rut activity thread >

Rut activity thread

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rut activity thread

Old 11-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friday November 15th - Southwestern Pennsylvania (Greene County) Deer activity is non-existent , nothing moving and the rut seems as if it's not even close. Hunted 8 hours today, saw nothing, heard nothing.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunted yesterday as well (1:30PM-5:15PM), and saw 6 doe and no bucks at all. Had a couple of them in range and let them pass hoping there would be a buck trailing one or more of them. On all 3 occasions, 2 doe, 3 doe, and one doe, none of them had a buck on their trail!! These were all adult does too, so should I ASSume that they have been bred already? If so, this tells me the main Rut is basically over in my area. I will still be on my stand by 5:00AM tomorrow morning though.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
Friday November 15th - Southwestern Pennsylvania (Greene County) Deer activity is non-existent , nothing moving and the rut seems as if it's not even close. Hunted 8 hours today, saw nothing, heard nothing.
Yep, same here! South central Mn. Have yet to see a big buck during daylight. And nothing chasing.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

SE KS 11/18. I would say the bulk of the rut here has passed. Bucks really started getting after it right around Halloween day. It really ramped up the following week. I shot a 176" deer on Saturday November 9th at 635 am. Got in an hour before light. Bucks chasing in the dark all around me. Saw a 200" at 610. Passed a nice 150" deer about 5 minutes after that. Shot my deer about 20 minutes later. It was a wild morning. Haven't seen much in the way of rut since. All my buddies are logging long hours with little activity. Weather here has been difficult. Should improve this week. I would say we are on the downhill side of the rut here.