Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rut activity thread >

Rut activity thread

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rut activity thread

Old 10-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Rut activity thread

Is anybody seeing anything resembling Rut activity? I've seen many scrapes and some nice rubs here in SE Pa, but no activity like seeking/chasing going on. Actually, little activity at all! I'm hoping things will heat up this week. Let's hear about what you're seeing or not.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

In Iowa scrapes and rubs are picking up.. Have seen a few small bucks chasing. Watched two bucks fight a few nights ago. This week should be a good one.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted Saturday night and not much rut action. However, this morning while driving back from an early morning crossfit class, I noticed a nice buck proceeding to cross in front of me to chase the doe across the road. About 10 minutes later at home, I let my dogs out and heard a bunch of commotion in the backyard woods. It was definitely the noise of chasing. All of this before the sun came up. Central MD.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Spike

Still a little early here in Illinois. But did grunt a buck off a doe he was following saturday night. Just a young buck wasnt chasing, but following her. When i was playing around with him had an nice 8 point come after him a bit. Looked like they were about to throw down, but a guy entered the field and they took off.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

I have seen several scrapes here in IL no rubs. Deer seem to be fairly nocturnal still. Maybe another week and it should start to get interesting
Old 10-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

here in missouri, i called in a 120 inch 8 point by grunting. became my first buck with a bow.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Spike

NE Ohio is getting decent daylight activity, seen a couple mature deer up and on the hoof during daylight hours but none chasing, just cruising. The group of does near my one stand have been unharassed every evening so far too. A buddy of mines son shot a nice one weds 6 pm but hit it in the shoulder, saw it again fine the next day fine. I'd say they're getting curious but not pushing things.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seen a pretty good buck following but when the doe went in the open the Buck chose not to go with her.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Pretty much the same in SW Ohio/SE Indiana....seeing some nice scrapes...and a few rubs here and there...had a nice wide 8 pt come in Saturday morning, but no shot. My brother-in-law shot at a nice 10 point yesterday morning, but missed...the bucks around here are not chasing right now...hopefully, things will heat up in the next week or so...
Old 10-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Spike

Not much in northern wi. Only a few scrapes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.