Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Goverment shut down affecting hunters? >

Goverment shut down affecting hunters?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Goverment shut down affecting hunters?

Old 10-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Fork Horn

I agree. Our tax's and money we spend for our tag fits the fedral parks and wildlifes incomes. How can they close them down. So stupid.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me here the Federal Land i hunt is on a Military Base so the Base Game Wardens got furloughed which means the lands they determine to be open or closed each day (Actually its the range masters that make that determination) where not their so every location was closed. Thus closing base.
Went to Croatan National Forrest and they where technically closed but plenty of hunters parked along the road. Without the Rangers to open the gates people living adjoined to the game lands just walked out their back doors and into the woods. Others just parked along the highways and walked in.
Their is no reason for the closure as to be honest they aren't doing anything essential to keeping the parks open. Yeah they drive around and monitor areas and check on camp sites or assist in finding lost people but all those can be outsourced as they normally are to local law enforcement and emergency personnel. Alot of states kept their parks open due to them actually saying we are staying open and we will pay for it. We dont need the Gubbment or their heavy hand and to be honest wish more states would have said that or even a greater amount of people would have said to heck with it im going anyway just to make the point but thats another discussion.

Hope everyone can get back to their seasons and have a good hunt this year.