Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Goverment shut down affecting hunters? >

Goverment shut down affecting hunters?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Goverment shut down affecting hunters?

Old 10-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Goverment shut down affecting hunters?

Any stories on this effecting anyone getting license or hunting public lands? Discuss? What is this country coming to?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

I had plans to participate in an antlerless hunt at Desoto National Wildlife Refuge north of me the weekend of October 19-20. But due to the shutdown it's been closed and the hunt cancelled.
All the other land I hunt is state owned so there's no issues.

Don
Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Spike

I know there was some land near me that is operated federally that was closed to hunting on opening day and is still closed.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

All my Illinois hunting ground is closed due to our self serving government. You now have the royalty......and the rest of us!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The primary land i hunt is all closed lucky i got the land behind my fathers house to use for the time being. Dont want to use his little piece but since we share all the deer anyways figured what the heck
Old 10-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can't understand how the government can shut down federally owned property (except prisons and the like). This isn't the government's property, it is the people's property. I would hunt it and if arrested, take it to court. I would bet 10 -1 that I would win the case.
It's just like this administration shutting down the WWII memorial. I got out of federal employment just in time by retiring the end of August. All these people not working nor getting an income! It is shameful that these politicians are letting their egos get in the way of doing the right things for the people. I see an uprising in the near future.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

I cant understand how the gov't can continue to spend the way they do? We can not continue to print/borrow money the way we have been for the past 16 + years. Devalue our money, which is what has been done by raising the debt limit repeatedly, and you have a more expensive way of life no matter who you are. Things are going to get real difficult for many people who have been spending more then they earn come income tax filing time. Many people rely on income tax returns to pay bills like property tax, credit card debit and other essential bills. This year many are going to get a rude awakening when they only get about half back or in many cases have to pay in. The federal gov't wants their money too remembers. So go ahead a default, it's the only way to give our money some value again. For the people who do have a savings it's the only way to raise the interest so their money earns a return.
For 16 + years our gov't has been telling the people who pay the bills what to do. Now it's our turn to tell them to stop spending our of control.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't understand why some have their federal land closed while other states have theirs open. Here in MT all feredal land is open, state land is open. The parks are closed, which I don't agree with. Federal land should be open. I would be raising hell if it closed here.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

In my instance it is because the hunting area is inside the refugee, behind a locked gate. With the employees on furlough there is no one to verify your license or tags and receive the three dollar entry fee into the refugee.

Don
Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

now that the government is up and running the hunt is back on.
I'll be gunning for a couple does this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.