Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lighted nocks

Old 10-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

I use Lumenoks (the pink ones) I found those are the brightest in my opinion. Some people complain about them being to hard to shut off but as stated above if you just wiggle them a bit instead of trying to pry them out you will have better luck.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the NocTurnals. I still have and use the LumaNocks till I use them up. I will then use nothing but NocTurnals. The NocTurnals are easier to turn off and don't turn off when they hit something hard like bone or ground. LumaNoks do.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Spike

Not a fan of luminocks. I prefer carbon express lighted launch pads. They are simple and fool proof to turn on and off. Luminocks are brighter though.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
I find it more efficient to just shoot it in the heart so it doesn't go more than 50 yards...
That's what I prefer as well, but stuff happens. We can act high and mighty, but mistakes happen and its nice to see the point of impact in times of doubt.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
I find it more efficient to just shoot it in the heart so it doesn't go more than 50 yards...
Lighted nocks aren't really about finding the deer. It's been a long time since I didn't get a pass through, so it's pretty irrelevant whether the nock is lighted or not.

But the benefit is that I get an opportunity to visibly confirm shot placement, then the biggest benefit is a short search for my arrow after the shot.

Taking a shot with a lighted nock, I just pay attention to where the deer starts before the shot, then where they travel. I don't have to worry about finding my arrow, it'll be waving "here I am" when I come back for it.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

I tried Luminoks years ago did not like them. they came on after i shot yes but one day a light rain came thru and after sunset i noticed all my Luminocks were glowing from the rain creating a full circut. I don't know if they were too tight in the arrow shaft or what but never used them agian. This season i bought Nocturnal in green color worked pretty good only one out the 3 in the pack was not a good fit in my arrow shaft. Alittle diff to turn off untill you learn how. I have not used them yet but plan to.