Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Scrapes Already??? >

Scrapes Already???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scrapes Already???

Old 09-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scrapes Already???

When I was checking my camera on Tuesday I saw 2 scrapes within 25-30 yards of one of my stands. I have never seen scrapes this early. Has anyone else seen scrapes this early? Season hasn't even started yet.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:27 AM
Fork Horn

Deer will use scrapes all year round. Not of all them will be worked outside of the prime scraping time of yr but some will. Looks like a good sign for you and good luck.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

I have noticed once Bucks start breaking out of their bachelor groups they will start making territorial scrapes. Most of the activity on these scrapes are at night but every so after you can catch one checking it out during the day. They are good to setup a trialcam on for pictures.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of people see turkey scratchings and assume they are deer scrapes. Deer do indeed make scrapes periodically throughout the year though. Check for a licking branch above the scrape to assure you that it's deer making these scrapes and not turkey.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I know what you are saying there Ridge. But I have been around for awhile and this is definitely a scrape and a pretty good one at that. Overhead licking branches, yes, quite a few of the twigs snapped there as well.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Fork Horn

I seen the first rub of the fall the other day when i was walking in to check game cams.. I have quite a few bucks on game cam last week fighting already.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Spike

I havent seen any in IL yet.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't noticed any scrapes yet but, have seen rubs popping up all over in the last week...
Old 10-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

I had small bucks chasing full out a doe last weekend already,,, dam early for Long Island!!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I saw my first scrapes last week, 5 of them actually, all in the same area. They are within 75yrds of one of my stand sites. I went in on Wednesday and saw that one of them had been updated to twice it's original size. Can't wait until the Rut!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.