Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snake!!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Snake!!!!

Last night I'm sitting in my tree stand with my bow sitting on top of the rails of my climber. It was so quiet and peaceful and I'm slowly looking around for any movement whatsoever. I had my left hand on the handle of the bow and I felt something hit my bow. I'm thinking that a small branch and fallen and hit my bow. I then look down at my bow and see a snake curled around the right wheel/axle of the bow. It scared the living crap out of me! I lifted the bow off of the tree stand and tried to shake the snake off the bow but it wouldn't budge. Then I had to take an arrow out to get the snake off the bow. I don't mind snakes but when they fall in your lap, totally different. WOW!!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

know the feeling, walked right up on a fat copperhead yesterday, almost stepped on him. they got some killer camo!!!

that time of year i suppose. good luck all, and watch out for those innocent "sticks"

leo
Old 09-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

I would have sh** twice and died. I hate snakes
Old 09-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by browtine7
I am with ya on that. I would have also found out if my harness worked beause I would have been jumping out of my stand.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I would have s$:t my pants hate snakes !
Old 09-25-2013, 04:24 AM
Spike

I would have had to buy me a new bow.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by browtine7
Now that's funny. I take it you don't like snakes so much.

DanMorgan
Old 09-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by henson59
I am with ya on that. I would have also found out if my harness worked beause I would have been jumping out of my stand.
x2
and would have screamed so loud that any deer within ear shot would have been heading for the hills
Old 09-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind seeing them ahead of time, but those close up personal moments are rather shall we say, a Depends moment!!!! I have to agree with the others that there would have been some various dropped items including the bow!!!!
I had a partner last year that was going to sit down on a fallen over oak tree near the root ball in the EARLY dawn minutes to turkey hunt. Just as he neared the base of this huge oak he noticed something slightly out of place. Right where he was getting ready to sit down was a 3ft copperhead coiled up. Well, after a load of 5's his turkey hunting place was done for the day!!!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mike 04 gt
I would have had to buy me a new bow.
Yep I would have tested how strong my bow was with an 18 foot drop test thats for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.