Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First time Ladies bow? >

First time Ladies bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First time Ladies bow?

Old 09-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Um... what makes a bow a "ladies bow?"
Old 09-22-2013, 03:43 AM
Spike

I suppose most bows are fine for both genders, maybe the size and draw weights it can accommodate make it more "fit" for a woman. But I'm just saying I wouldn't go buy a Mathews Jewel for myself, since that bow is marketed specifically towards females. So I believe there are certain things that make a bow a "ladies bow".....

Last edited by HB2392; 09-22-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the line of Mission Bows made by Matthews,the "Craze" is a shorter axel to axel Bow (28 inches) with 85% let-off that can be adjusted to different draw lengths and pounds for a New Hunter or even an Experienced Hunter,the Mission "Riot" is another great Bow also!

I had bought the Mission "Craze" for my 16 year old Daughter,between School,Boys and Life I ended up having it sized for me,Adult,195-200 lbs 50-ish.....is other words this Bow can fit a Youth Hunter,Lady Hunter and an Experienced Older Guy that could drop a few pounds!

Your Girlfriend needs to hold and shoot many different Bows to see which one She likes the best,fits Her size and She can shoot well.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt spyder, bowtech assassin have smaller draw lengths and low draw weights.

The 2014 PSE line up looks rather promising too especially the premonition which I REALLY like as it caters for people with a short draw length and it has immense speed.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Assassin SD

Bowtech Assassin SD (Short Draw) is a great option. And if she doesn't stick with it, then your resale market isn't just to other women, since it's just a short draw version instead of having a 'women's only' graphics package. An Assassin SD would sell to a short man, pre-teen or teenage dude, or a woman. A pink and purple Mathews Jewel pretty much only fits one demographic. I think they made a Diamond Outlaw SD in years past also, even lower price than the Assassin.

My wife test fired pretty much every women's bow on the market when she got into archery 2 years ago. The Siren, Heartbreaker, Vicxen, Homewrecker, Assassin SD, Outlaw, and Jewel (seems like I'm forgetting one or two). She settled on a Jewel, absolutely beautiful little bow, fantastic, pleasure to shoot. She was hooked on the Bowtech Heartbreaker until she test shot a Mathews Jewel. The grip and the less-aggressive cam made the difference for her.

Resale value on the Jewel is great, so if she tries it and gives it up, you'll likely get more back out of a Jewel than you would out of a lower end bow. It's more expensive up front, but definitely a better investment.

Last edited by Nomercy448; 10-02-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Spike

Default Mathews Jewel

I know it's a Longshot because the thread is 2 years old, but I have a Jewel for sale. Complete set up, with 18 GT pink wrapped arrows. It has only had 3 arrows shot through it. I made the mistake of buying high end only to find out she was afraid of it.