Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First time Ladies bow? >

First time Ladies bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First time Ladies bow?

Old 09-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Spike

Default First time Ladies bow?

I believe I have succeeded in convincing my girlfriend to give the ole bow hunting a shot. Before I go searching throughout every store within a 120 mile radius and asking every bow tech I come across....tell me what you guys think. What is a decent low to mid price range bow to get her started on? I shoot a Helim so with that being said I would love to get her a Mathews Jewel, but with her having never shot a bow or bow hunted I don't want to pay a steep price like that right now incase she doesn't take to it like I expect. So please, any advice would be great.

Thanks.

- Hunter
Old 09-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

I believe my sister started on a diamond razers edge she really liked it and since moved on to a jewel. she has two of the diamond razers edge i could ask her tomorrow if shes wants to sell one if your interested.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Spike

Check out the craze thats the one I'm looking at for my wife. My wife wants to get into bowhunting also.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Both of these guys gave good advice. My wife had never shot before until I picked her up the Razor Edge (not the Infinite Edge). Its a very nice bow but has a few draws backs; although the valley is nice and deep the back wall is mushy and can sometimes be hard to get a consistent anchor point. The sight that comes on the bow package also does not have a level which can be hard to for a new person to know if they are torquing the bow or not.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Spike

I personally am no bow expert, but I also personally have an Infinite Edge. I Like it, very adjustable and quite. I got it for the adjustability, shoulder issue. I looked at the razor edge, but like mentioned before, the Infinite edge has firmer wall. Its a shooter, I planned on passing it along when shoulder gets better, but Im having second thoughts. Shoots like It cost more.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Spike

I checked out Diamond and am only seeing the Infinite Edge. Do they still make the razor edge? Kind of looking at the Bowtech Heartbreaker or the PSE Stiletto but those are pushing the price at $699 for a first time bow....I do like the looks of the infinite edge and the craze, both look very solid. Grinder, if you want to see if she would like to sell one, let me know, I may be interested.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

During your quest don't overlook the Darton Ranger X. This one has almost as much adjustability as the others mentioned and has an MSRP of $210. Quite a bargain compared to the others.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife likes the diamond infinity edge( she had shoulder surgeries in the past couple years and the adjustability of this bow is excellent!)...I will say the arrow rest is kinda cheap/loud when drawing an arrow IMO but I have one she likes on order..
Old 09-20-2013, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't stress enough to look for a decent used bow.

1. She might not like it as much as you do (you had to convince her to try after all)

2. She's your GF, not your wife.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started on the diamond rock and now I am going to buy the PSE stiletto which is the fastest ladies bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.