Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
first deer in 3 years with a bow >

first deer in 3 years with a bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first deer in 3 years with a bow

Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Spike

Default first deer in 3 years with a bow

She is not super impressive but it was great to get that adrenaline rush after being away from the sport for so long. Opening day Sunday the 15th in Nebraska I had this gal walk by in the evening at 15 yards. I had my new Hoyt Spyder30 equipped with an Easton Injexion and Rage's new Hypodermic mechanical. I placed a perfect shot on her (best I ever had put on a deer, arrow went completely through her) and she dropped a 100 yards from my stand. Even though it was only a doe, I can't begin to tell you the excitement I felt again from long ago; but really, isn't that what this sport is about?! Good luck to everyone this season!

Sorry for the poor photo quality, my 66 year old father is not the best photographer in the world!
Attached Thumbnails first deer in 3 years with a bow-september2013doe.jpg  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the doe, and be glad you have a "66 year old Father".
Old 09-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Spike

Great !!!!! That's what its all about
Old 09-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the meat for the freezer. I have killed over 60 deer with a bow and I still get just as excited to shoot a doe or a good buck with my bow as they all are trophies with a bow. October 1st needs to hurry up and get here
Old 09-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for sharing your success. Congrats!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job and glad the rush was strong because when you loose that feeling its time to quit. She will be good eating I'm sure. Never ceases to amaze me how far they can run after a good shot is put on them. They have a will to live even when they are dead and don't know it. Get some more there are plenty out there, I see them almost every day driving in to work here in Indiana
Old 09-20-2013, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any animal recovered should be counted as a blessing and a trophy...its not the size of the animal or the number of points if any...its the experience! If you don't get excited something wrong! Congrats!!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Spike

Congrats, doe's taste the same as buck's in sausage!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats...any deer w/ the bow is a rush!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

She's a Beauty ! It is what it's about to many people get caught up in the big buck game which is stupid ! I hate when you see posts that have a good buck in them and the first sentence is not a giant but he's an ok buck really ! Be glad that you have the opportunity to hunt and be in the field with these great animals it is so fun to send an arrow in any deer doesn't have to be a giant besides how many of those have you seen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.